What car would you buy that's under $5k?

Think I'm leaning towards the 2003+ Camry, 2002 ES300/ES330 and 2006+ Impala

I used to work at a buy here pay here lot, and I can tell you impalas all around are good cars(engine & transmission) but expect to be having a lot of $100.00 repairs from sensors, to door lock actuators,to window motors. It seems like GM timed this stuff to go out everyone we ever sold had to have at least a few of these repairs in make ready. Not really problems but annoying stuff, unless you don't care about you windows rolling down or power door locks working...Malibus were just the same.

I used to work at a buy here pay here lot, and I can tell you impalas all around are good cars(engine & transmission) but expect to be having a lot of $100.00 repairs from sensors, to door lock actuators,to window motors. It seems like GM timed this stuff to go out everyone we ever sold had to have at least a few of these repairs in make ready. Not really problems but annoying stuff, unless you don't care about you windows rolling down or power door locks working...Malibus were just the same.

Good to hear that they have solid engines and transmissions. The other stuff isn't a huge issue. Thanks for the info!

Good to hear that they have solid engines and transmissions. The other stuff isn't a huge issue. Thanks for the info!

No problem if you have any questions just ask we sold a ton of cars and we always fixed them before we sold them (lots of impalas with over 200,000 miles on them) can just about tell you most of the common problems with anything semi popular. I'm not a fan of Toyota, but I can't deny they are good cars, Lexus too just don't think repairs will be as cheap on a Lexus an ES may be a dressed up Camry but parts prices are a much bigger difference. If you're into them the first IS Lexus is a tank held up much better than the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom