What City Deserves a Sports Franchise?

Vegas needs a basketball team badly

Dallas and/or San Antonio getting a baseball team?

Originally Posted by kingkb34

I wish Columbus would get rid of our hockey team and get an NBA team...life would be perfect.
How about no? Last thing we need is another team from Columbus blowing it in big games. People didnt start supporting the Cavs hardcore till LeBron gotthere, so 30 years of another sub-par Ohio team to get a savior would be a waste.

Dallas doesn't need a baseball team, they already have the Rangers.

i was just thinking the other day that St. Louis should have an NBA franchise.

the piedmont triad (winston salem, greensboro, and high point area)

we almost got the expos (before washington did) but the vote didnt go through

I think the Clippers should go back to San Diego.

Would you SD people support them though?

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that LA has two NBA teams. But it just doesn't seem right. Los Angeles will always be a Laker town. I think ifSterling wants to make his team more profitable and have a more solid fanbase, he needs to move the franchise to another market. I know they were and still isthinking about moving to the Honda Center in Anaheim, which would be pretty cool and will add on to the LA-OC rivalry. San Diego would be perfect as well, sothat the NBA will have teams in every major California metropolis (SF, LA, and SD).

Just tear down Seaport Village and build the new arena there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by G00NIE GOO GOO

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that LA has two NBA teams. But it just doesn't seem right. Los Angeles will always be a Laker town. I think if Sterling wants to make his team more profitable and have a more solid fanbase, he needs to move the franchise to another market. I know they were and still is thinking about moving to the Honda Center in Anaheim, which would be pretty cool and will add on to the LA-OC rivalry. San Diego would be perfect as well, so that the NBA will have teams in every major California metropolis (SF, LA, and SD).

laugh.gif

Hell no.
tongue.gif

Laker fan 4 life.
pimp.gif

I'd buy tickets just to watch other teams/players play.
But yeah, Seaport Village > The Clippers. The little city commodity probably generatesmore money for the city than the Clippers would.

Originally Posted by G00NIE GOO GOO

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that LA has two NBA teams. But it just doesn't seem right. Los Angeles will always be a Laker town. I think if Sterling wants to make his team more profitable and have a more solid fanbase, he needs to move the franchise to another market. I know they were and still is thinking about moving to the Honda Center in Anaheim, which would be pretty cool and will add on to the LA-OC rivalry. San Diego would be perfect as well, so that the NBA will have teams in every major California metropolis (SF, LA, and SD).

laugh.gif
that would be
pimp.gif
but only for selfish reasons and i probablywouldn't care in a couple years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

I wish Columbus would get rid of our hockey team and get an NBA team...life would be perfect.
How about no? Last thing we need is another team from Columbus blowing it in big games. People didnt start supporting the Cavs hardcore till LeBron got there, so 30 years of another sub-par Ohio team to get a savior would be a waste.
New England Patriots
Buckeyes got beat by better teams, your team however???

But back to my point...we can easily fill a 100,000 seat stadium for football, have a great core of suburbs, people withmoney, and a general excitement for the game of basketball that would rather drop it on 41 home games with the chance to see, Kobe, CP3, LeBron, etc. thandropping money on a hockey team and watching players that 3/4 of sports fans have no idea who they are watching.

portland baseball
pittsburgh basketball
cincy basketball
kansas city basketball
st louis basketball
indianapolis baseball
louisville baseball

basketball would never thrive in saint louis. sure there is a market for it, somewhat. but in the grand scheme of things if an nba franchise were to come here,we would have attendance numbers similar to those of atlanta, prior to the playoffs this year. i work at sporting news radio here in the city and i always talkabout how great i personally think it would be for us to have a franchise, but it'll never happen. i wish we could've just kept the hawks from movingto atlanta years and years ago.

Dallas kinda already has a baseball team(Texas Rangers,stadium is in Arlington,no longer than a 25 min drive from some of Dallas)

How about no? Last thing we need is another team from Columbus blowing it in big games. People didnt start supporting the Cavs hardcore till LeBron got there, so 30 years of another sub-par Ohio team to get a savior would be a waste.
New England Patriots
Buckeyes got beat by better teams, your team however???

But back to my point...we can easily fill a 100,000 seat stadium for football, have a great core of suburbs, people with money, and a general excitement for the game of basketball that would rather drop it on 41 home games with the chance to see, Kobe, CP3, LeBron, etc. than dropping money on a hockey team and watching players that 3/4 of sports fans have no idea who they are watching.

Word? I bet you weren't saying that they were better during the regular season.

Patriots defense choked away a lead at the end of a game.

Pro Teams in areas where there are good college towns/sports is pointless in my opinion.

In the end, your not getting a team, so keep going out and filling up that 100,000 seat stadium.

Couldn't agree more. Bring the Jackets to Winnipeg where they will draw more than 32 fans a game.

they should move the jazz back to New Orleans
the hornets to some other big city like Cincinnati or St. Louis
the clippers back to San Diego
and the grizzlies to nashville

Word? I bet you weren't saying that they were better during the regular season.

Optimistic against Florida, not so much against LSU...I know our track record against the SEC and am not blinded byloyalty like some fans tend to be.

Back
Top Bottom