What do I need to get to PLAY my iPod in my car?

I got a 3rd gen 4gb Nano for Xmas. First iPod. I want to play it though my car stereo. I also got an auxiliary cord for it but my car doesn't have a plugfor it so I returned that, I need one that goes in the 12V 10A Power outlet. I don't have a tape deck either. And I looked at the ones at Target they werelike $80. I need something for like $30 tops. Any suggestions? I would try ebay but I'm still not sure exactly what one would be worth it.

Buy one of those iPod radio receivers. I believe their around $30 depending on the brand.

i got that 80 dollar FM transmitter and its really inconsistent....its hard to find a station without lots of static

BelkinTuneBase FM

Purchased this the other day from Amazon.co.uk.

I think it's excellent. I have three frequencies tuned in on my radio, corresponding with three pre-sets on the TuneBase. I've only had one instancewhere I've had to change frequencies. Very easy to use though and I highly recommend it. Hmmm, some people say it works with the new Nano's some say itdoesn't. I'd look into it before you buy.

Sound quality (to my non audiophile ear) is pretty good. I suppose it depends more on your car audio equipment but even in my pokey automobile it sounds topnotch.

If your after quality, then the frequency adapters aren't exactly the best..

Best bet is to find a head unit thats iPod ready.. but as you stated, yours is not - just go for the transmitter hardware.

Maedhros Hawk wrote:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z049-BLK-TuneBase-iPods-Black/dp/B000EF1820/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199920674&sr=1-3] TuneBase FM

Purchased this the other day from Amazon.co.uk.

I think it's excellent. I have three frequencies tuned in on my radio, corresponding with three pre-sets on the TuneBase. I've only had one instance where I've had to change frequencies. Very easy to use though and I highly recommend it. Hmmm, some people say it works with the new Nano's some say it doesn't. I'd look into it before you buy.

Sound quality (to my non audiophile ear) is pretty good. I suppose it depends more on your car audio equipment but even in my pokey automobile it sounds top notch.

I have one of those, as well. I have been using it for at least a year and I think it works pretty well. I agree I3 that the receivers that are iPod-readyare probably better, but it was much more cost effective for me to buy the Belkin.

Also, some of the FM transmitters now have a feature where the transmitter finds the best frequency to use and automatically tunes itself to that freq so youdon't have to search for it. This would be particularly helpful when traveling. I do have to mess with mine on the way to visit my Mom (2 hours away).

you're wasting your money with fm transmitters. they sound like garbage and drop too much. best bet is to wait a while, save cash and get it hooked up toyour stereo or buy a deck that is ipod compatible.

FM transmitters are terrible, i had one and now its in the garbage

use one of these things:

plug the cassette into the car radio, and the jack into the ipod. Clear music

you can get an ipod ready deck for around 100 bucks now. imo, spend 20 bucks more and get a new head unit. i use an itrip and its okay. for some reason itworks well all around socal (i mean santa monica all the way down to ontario, pasadena to oc), but i cant get any reception at all in the compton/long beacharea

Its best to get it hardwired through an Audio shop, Im not sure if BB does that... No static and it runs like 50 bucks

those tape think work way better then the transmitters, but my car doesnt have a tapedeck
smh.gif

I got a $70 JVC CD Deck (MP3/WMA, FM/AM radio, AUX IPOD ports) w/ a remote control at Walmart. they still have a whole bunch left online

i tested out the monster adapter the other day and its still got that static
ive been using this kensington adapter for months now and it silences all the static and is real clear in sound

Originally Posted by Professor AJ XII

^^^ Is that a joke or does it really work?

im very serious. This is what im using right now and its working pretty well. But every once in a while, the jack that goes into the iPod wont work so ijust move it around a little and i can hear the music again. It was only $8 bucks...maybe if you bought like a $20 version of this everything will be perfect.but yeah give it a shot

FM transmitters are too risky, almost impossible to go 100% static free....I dont have a tape deck either

I drive a Mazda6 and the dash is so integrated buying a new console to house a new stereo is expensive as hell, plus i dont want to lose the OEM look. I dontthink I have any options at all.

Back
Top Bottom