What do u prefer, a condo or apartment?

Give me top floor penthouse overlooking Central park in the San Remo over just about anything else..

sanremo.jpg

Live in a Condo right now and been in 2 more before that and I like houses more to be honest just alot more room for everyone compared to a condo where we allon the same floor I mean its nice we ain't gotta do the lawn and shovel cause I hated shovelling in Canadian weather
mad.gif
but I guess there are some good sides we got a real nice view, pool, and all themfacilities but I just wish we had more room lol not really that big enough for 4 people

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

How is this even a question??? Condo.
thats what im trying to figure out.

of course id rather be paying to eventually own my home.

A condo is nothing but an apartment with a deed. I would take the apartment because you have topay assessments in a condo. Both options free you from yard workand whatnot, but I just don't see the reason to buy a condo. Before I bought my house I thought about it, but there is no way I would do it now.

I'm 24 and trying to get a condo. Condo prices in NYC are
sick.gif
though, so I might need to look into spots in Jersey.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I couldn't live in a multilevel condo/apt that has tenants above and below you... no thanks.
so you'd be a young, single person trying to buy a house? seems like a waste.

no....I'd be a young single person who bought a condo that only has tenants to the left and right of me...not under and above.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I couldn't live in a multilevel condo/apt that has tenants above and below you... no thanks.
so you'd be a young, single person trying to buy a house? seems like a waste.
how is making an investment a waste---like seriously, explain that one to me.....

no....I'd be a young single person who bought a condo that only has tenants to the left and right of me...not under and above.
don't see many like that in my area, sort of like a loft?

how is making an investment a waste---like seriously, explain that one to me.....
with the housing bubble burst, PLEASE don't talk to me about house worth.

condo can be an investment too.
wink.gif

could you elaborate?

whats the big deal?

re-selling a condo is tough....If I had disposable income, I wouldn't mind the Condo, but since that is not the case, I'd take the apartment and workfor the house.

I'm renting a two-story condo for the next school year. Having lived in various apartments the last four years, the condo is definitely much more to myliking.

Ideally at some point I'd like to own a penthouse condo in the city ($1M-$2M range).

Originally Posted by Al Audi

could you elaborate?

whats the big deal?
you have to deal with people above you making noise..
and people below you complaining about the noise you make
not to mention you smell what they cook...

lots of minor things that add up.

Back
Top Bottom