What do u prefer, a condo or apartment?

Always wondered if a condo was worth getting? Has anyone on NT had one or have one, what are some pros and cons?

It depends on the stage you're in. If you're single or married with no kids, or plan of kids...a condo may be the way to go. The pro is that youdon't need to worry about the little things such as cutting the grass and watering the lawn, you just pay the HOA. The con is that, most likely there'sno individual garages and yard, unless it's a townhouse structure..and it doesn't really have a homely feel to it, but feels like an apartment

Apartment is great if you plan on relocating and/or don't want to settle in one particular area yet. Or if you're just saving up for a down payment fora home/condo.

isnt a condo the same as an apartment, the only difference is that you own a condo and pay rent for an apartment?

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

isnt a condo the same as an apartment, the only difference is that you own a condo and pay rent for an apartment?
In a nutshell, yes. But some condos out there are actually bigger and more expensive than homes, ie luxury high rise...pent house style.

This is just my own preference, but I can never live up on the 17th floor anywhere even though the view is great. If there's an earthquake or a big fire,it's going to be quite troublesome. It's not like you're jumping from the 2nd story window down and risk breaking your legs.
laugh.gif

Another pro is that if you're in a decent condo structure, there's most likely swimming pool(s), gym, theater room, etc.

i'm gunning for a condo now that i graduated. condo you 'own', better than burning money in an apartment you'll never own.

ima live in a condo this fall. i hope its gonna be sickkk! I visited it before, and the condo (2 story townhome) felt more like my own home. lol sounds obviousbut yea.

You own a condo you san either own or rent.
You only get to rent out an apartment.
I willl get a house over a condo.
Paying HOA for a condonot the business.
Rent an apartment if you are not ready for a lot responsibilities.

House > townhome > apartment > apt style condo. But that's just me, I can't live in an apt the rest of my life. Housing isn't too terriblearound here, in some areas your only options are condos and apartments. In those instances might as well own (condo) if you can.

A lot of the new luxury condos are aimed towards rich kids as well. The plan lay out has the first story as stores and eateries, like an out door mall, and2nd floor and up are the homes. I looked into one by my house, they just finished building it a year ago..condos range from $500,000 to 3 million. I want toown my own place, but don't really want a house.

obviously it's nicer to own your own place, but financially renting can make a lot more sense. it depends on a lot of things.

moving in to an apartment in september with the boys in my second year of college it's gonna be wild.
smokin.gif

Condo...i don't want to have to cut any grass or maintain property right now...i'll work my way up to that...i plan on buying a condo before i get anew car when i graduate...i already told my parents i don't want a car or nothing like that as a gift...if anything help me put away money for a condo...

Back
Top Bottom