What do yall think the future holds for JB???

Originally Posted by 510sneakerhead

Jordan Brands quality is going to get killed off and no quality products produced when kickinit102's avatar drops, if you get it.=]

I don't get it. Are you from the East Bay?

tired.gif
WE NEED BETTER QUALITY, MORE OG COLORWAYS

Well I'm gonna stay on board with JB until I get my Infrareds, White/Cement IVs, White/Cement IIIs, Playoff XIIs, Playoff XIIIs, and the list goes on. Ican't speculate on when the retro craze will die down, but people have always loved Jordans.

Originally Posted by kevin trinh

I believe that Jordan brand might lose popularity like Sbs in the future. Why? Well because of the high prices and low quality. I give Jb another 10 years before their downfall, i mean they will eventually retro all our grails by then. Plus Michael Jordan and his greed for money is his own downfall. Remember nothing lasts forever, all great things must come to an end. I hate to say it but someday Jordan won't be around, so where will that take the company?
I dont know if JB will ever cease to exist. There are some classic models there. The example Im thinking of is the Chuck Taylor. That shoe is byall means crap by todays standards, but it has a simple design that people both young and old continue to swear by. I can see Jordan eventually going down thatroad where they sort of become a niche shoe. But the designs will never go away. Even if the do end up on the edge of the athletic market like converse.

I also see them eventually releasing every one of the numbered jordans again, og colorways and new. I mean look at the wave of vi's coming out this year.Will we see any limited shoes again (eminem 2s, premier xx3, etc) I highly doubt it. I think for sneakerheads that have been in the game for a while jb will,if it has not already, lose its nostalgic value with us. The grails that you seek will become available then what? After you get your grails most, not all,will pick them apart and complain about quality and price. I see jb staying at the top in the market but I personally am about done with them. Not because ofthe quality/prices but because I've simply lost interest and they seem like a dime a dozen now

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Dont you guys realize the decline of Jordan Brand was starting last year?
Fail after fail after fail was what Jordan Bran faced in 2009.
The only thing they did right was to release the Space Jams.

DMP 5s didnt sell too quickly, DMP 1s, and DMP 7s, have and still are sitting on shelves.
Rising Sun 12s, Flu Game 12s, White/Red 12s are still sitting on shelves.
Even the flagship signature 2009 was a complete fail.

Next year and the years ahead are looking the same, New Jordan models inspired by older models and the cycle has been continuing.
Especially skimping out on quality, change of materials, and different shades of OG colorways will keep people away.

Everyone that just got into this new fad, is coming at the end of a legacy.
The only glimpse of hope is the new Jordan 2010.
Sales arent declining, but the nostalgia is.
People who buy these True Flights, Fusions dont have a connection with the shoes, and barely even appreciate them besides being apart of an outfit.
They will continue to buy anything Jordan Brand to stay up to date on fashion and "looking cool"

The 2010s have no hope. We're starting this decade the exact opposite of last decade. Nobody wants sig models anymore. The regular consumer doesn'teven know the significance of some of these retros.

All i know is....It was easier for me to quit smoking!!!

I'm pissed about my SJ's just like everyone else, they look like patent leather payless shoes and YES they are 100% AUTHENTIC!!!

I was ready to call it quits and then I saw pics of the new VI's.........
eek.gif

This happened with the CDP's too cause RUMOR was NO MORE RETRO's so everyone scrambled to grab em and quality was crap sooooo....I QUIT!!!

Who knew that there would be 3 different sets of DMP's to drop in 2009....XII's and SJ's......I HAD TO HAVE THEM.......we all know what a flop thatwas!!!

My point is, this will ALWAYS be the case....I think this whole SJ shortage was done on PURPOSE by JB to remind everyone that Jays STILL DO SELL OUT!!!

You know what kind of mayhem this will create for future RETRO releases???? People now know DON'T SLEEP...cause they WON'T be there after breakfast!!!

I still dont understand the thought behind people complaining about the CHANGES in retros like with the FLU GAME XII's and SJ's!!

It's done for a few reasons...

Don't people realize thats how JB suckers you in!!! If you have the OG's or RETRO's guess what.... the re-RETRO is different!!

Now you have to cop AGAIN!!

I saw so many people complaining yet they still copped X2 or even X3!!!

It also makes it more difficult to bootleg...

JB knows EXACTLY what they're doing!!

Originally Posted by raptors29

The 2010s have no hope.

We're starting this decade the exact opposite of last decade. Nobody wants sig models anymore. The regular consumer doesn't even know the significance of some of these retros.
Ehh, i concur wit the 2010s, maybe they won't have the appeal, or sales to prove it, but i think they will be a success because its a step ina new direction for the Brand.

Word, being a sneakerhead didn't take skill like it used to anymore, all you need is money and a sneakerblog, website.
I see dudes with 01' Concords, ask em about their collection or what other Jordans they have, and they would explain what they look like instead of knowingthe term for them, or the sig/model.

Does anyone remember PF flyers in their hay day? What about the Chuck Taylors.? These were both the athletic shoe to have back in the day if you wanted to runfaster and jump higher.

Then came his royal airness with the "illegal" shoes. Taking out all the other shoes that were thought to be "the top of the line shoe".Once you saw Jordan fly everyone believed Mars when he said "It must be the shoes". Everyone had to have them just like when people saw Dr. J play inthe Chucks. Now that Jordan is done playing he could care less about the quality of the shoes cuz he doesnt have to wear them anymore. Hes' about the allmighty dollar. So although people dont want to admitt it Jordans are going to end up just like Chucks, 1,000 colorways, decline in quality, value, huge pricedrops and sold inside every store front that will take them. How hard would you laugh if someone thought they were the S*%* bcuz they had all the chuck taylorsin every colorway?

Are they gonna fade in 10 years, maybe not. There are still a lot of retros they can sand bag. But in 15-20yrs we will all start sounding like our parents andgrandparents talking about how back in the day everybody had to have the Jordans and how we all stood in lines and yadda yadda yadda. Jordans are most def theKing of the jungle but like Mufasa told Simba "its the circle of life". Every thing that has a begining, has an end.

IMO JB Needs To Focus more on pushing their athletes and advertising. As Ugly as we may think a Melo, CP3 or Jeter shoe may be they probably would sell moreand build them a better reputation in the shoe game if we saw commercials and stuff for these individuals like we did for a Jordan Release Back in the day.Right Now It just seems like all of those guys are stuck under that Jumpman shadow when it comes to their shoes

SORRY but Mj PUTS drugs in his shoes get everyone addicted and nobody will ever stop its a movement thats is in his own lane fusions will die but he will makea retro new j's bring up his name he wont fall until his r.i.p so true

what are you talking about? it will never fade!! chucks are still alive, they still sell right? the problem with chucks is that it never evolved, hi-cutlow-cut thats it. but we should thank converse for that!!
Jordan as a "Brand" is evolving, they dont just cater to BBall anymore but to other sports and athletes as well, as long as they have famousendorsers they will never fade!
Plus "Us", the collectors, sneakerheads, shoeaddicts, call it what ever you want but as long as we live and pass on from generations to comethey'll never fade...
Jordan is the most succeful product endorser and trend setter ever! PERIOD its not Tiger Woods (esp. with what to him recently)
it will take probably another 100 years for somebody to top MJ

-Guys, "Age is just a number" nobodys too old or young for jordans, its not about the quantity of your shoes, its about passion, the blood, thesweat, thesleepless nights, and of the CASH that you've poured just getting those J's, I mean I'm only 26 but, every collector is unique we mayhave the same shoes but we all have different stories behind it.

I find myself buying more Nike branded products these days as opposed to Jordan. Jordans have great style but like everyone already knows, the quality ishorrific. No wonder Nike doesn't want Nike logos on Jordans anymore. (don't know that as fact) Just makes good business sense for Nike.

since they aren't going to stop with the fusions, I'd like to see more bball-friendly fusions on par with the 16.5, which is just a great hoops shoe.The Alpha 1's look promising too, so if they could Alpha-ize the whole AJ II - AJ XI in a similar way that preserves the OG style while integrating modernday tech, I'd be happy.

I only wear Jordan anything for basketball, training, and other sports activities, so I could care less about how well anything "looks with jeans".

Hopefully JB puts out more quality performance shoes.

After seeing those fusion 8's, I have no hope for the future of jb. Its not jordan brands fault for kids buying ugly fusions, but then when that happens jbthinks they are on the right path. I'm buying older jordans at a higher price but worth it after looking at new jb products

Back
Top Bottom