What do you do/where do you go to escape?

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

My life is just one giant L, but two things allow me to escape this fact:

• Dont mean to sound corny/lame but this place really helps me feel good. I get to zone out on here and enjoy good lulz and information.
  • Sports: Nothing like watching the Yankees come back late in the game. Win or lose, watching them play allows me to focus on that and only that for a few hours. Also I love NASCAR and when my favorite driver Kevin Harvick wins, I turn into a mad man and feel awesome 
    pimp.gif

I can relate.. I've had hella ups and downs in my 21 years, but NT is always a good place to escape to. There's been a lot of random troll hate lately, but the core solidarity is still intact. It's some alright people on this board
pimp.gif
. Foir that reason, I'm ALWAYS down to read a PM or give one on one advice when cats hit me up. Ya'll are like family for the 2 or so hours a day I spend bothering ya'll with my randomness and sarcasm. Then there's music.. aww monn.. I'm nothing without it
pimp.gif

I used to take drives around town; windows down, music up, not giving a
47035c50ed10b7b643dd01280b23f6c2b469a60.gif

Going to the gym and playing ball is my other escape. Running a game or just shooting just relaxes me.
When my parents would be fighting with each other or yelling at me, I'd just say, "I'm going to the gym, I'll call you later when I'm leaving" and be gone for 3-4 hours, and it would relax me.  I love the game of basketball so much, nothing else matters when I'm on the court playing.

-go for a drive
-hit the gym / run on the track + music
-kick it with friends

Originally Posted by Adamsd11

I take naps and focus on the positives in every situation.

And another NASCAR fan on here?!?!

Thought I was the only one... Go Bowyer! Go RCR!
RCR all day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23Jordancollector

Weren't you like this before also? You should go get some help my dude, being depressed ain't the bidness (assuming you're depressed).

Yea man Im getting some help now. Im on my road to recover as we speak but it will take some time.

I apologize if I force dysfunction on here.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Igo to sleep which probably isn't the best idea.
Sleep isnt too bad. Ive gone to bed upset many times and woke up feeling better. Hell today is a perfect example for me.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

My life is just one giant L, but two things allow me to escape this fact:

• Dont mean to sound corny/lame but this place really helps me feel good. I get to zone out on here and enjoy good lulz and information.
  • Sports: Nothing like watching the Yankees come back late in the game. Win or lose, watching them play allows me to focus on that and only that for a few hours. Also I love NASCAR and when my favorite driver Kevin Harvick wins, I turn into a mad man and feel awesome 
    pimp.gif

I can relate.. I've had hella ups and downs in my 21 years, but NT is always a good place to escape to. There's been a lot of random troll hate lately, but the core solidarity is still intact. It's some alright people on this board
pimp.gif
. Foir that reason, I'm ALWAYS down to read a PM or give one on one advice when cats hit me up. Ya'll are like family for the 2 or so hours a day I spend bothering ya'll with my randomness and sarcasm. Then there's music.. aww monn.. I'm nothing without it
pimp.gif

Youre good people my man
pimp.gif

listen to music
write some lyrics
go for a drive
smoke a blunt
kick it with the homies
play some video games
lay down, nap
work out
play some beer pong
eat my fav. meal
chill with the girl.

Grab my ipod, put my phone on airplane mode, and go sit on the toilet. <-- My absolute favorite thing to do when i just need some me time.
Sometimes i dont even be dooking, just chilling on top of the toilet seat, fully dressed.
Bubble Breaker and Minesweeper, all day.
I can easily sit there for a hour or more but periodically i have to get up when my legs start falling asleep.

- I throw my Sennheiser earbuds in, download new music to my mp3 players, suit up and go rollerblading through Fairmount Park in Philadelphia.  I love to do this SSOOO much...it's one of the few experiences in my life that still provides an overwhelming joyousness for me after years of participating.

- My skate terminates at the Philadelphia museum of Art 'Rocky steps'...I stand in the center of the landing at the bottom of the steps and watch traffic drive by the museum, sometimes blasting the Rocky theme.  The feeling is absolutely surreal. 

- Few pics.

images

rocky_balboa_1.jpg

wallpaper_artmuspath1.jpg

Dali.jpg

Philly042107-014-RockyStatue.jpg

ar121054941332921.JPG

r1rocky2.jpg

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

I used to run competitively. So running for miles without stopping while blasting my ipod in the sunset cures a lot.

This. I never ran competitively but running miles without stopping and blasting the iPod is
pimp.gif

I read a book, shooting range,drive,listen to music.
Ultimate favorite get in the pool late at night when theres no one around and float on my back staring at the stars.

Back
Top Bottom