What do you guys think about this? (Yellowing vs. Clear Soles XI , V, VI... )

I apologize if this is considered a 'taboo' post...

What's the difference in materials for the sole of Jordan XI's, V's, & VI's and the soles of those of Nike Flight 96's?

With the XI's, V's, & VI's...we've all pretty much come to the conclusion that yellowing is inevitable.

But if you take a look at Flight 96's, yellowing doesn't seem to affect their soles at all. Every OG pair I've seen has no yellowing whatsoeverwhile maintaining that 'blue tint' clear sole look.

So wouldn't it make sense to switch the materials of the soles of Jordans with clear soles to those of the Flight 96?

Just a thought, but what do you guys think?

grin.gif

The difference is that the soles of the Flight 96's are actually colored blue....therefore, won't actually be affected by the yellowing process asquickly. It's the same as the Black/Red XI's. Because the soles are actually colored red, you don't notice the change as much.

The Soles on the V's, VI's, XI's XVI's etc...are actually CLEAR. This makes them more susceptible to dirt and other elements which causes thesoles to yellow faster.

Agreed. I've also heard that Reebok uses a different material that won't yellow.

I hate them I do not wear my shoes with the clear bottom and really want to but I do not want to mess them up.

and if u see olympic flight 96s they also yellow

but the jordan sunset V doesnt have yellowing problems because the soles colored, because they are colored.

Originally Posted by ijapino

The difference is that the soles of the Flight 96's are actually colored blue....therefore, won't actually be affected by the yellowing process as quickly. It's the same as the Black/Red XI's. Because the soles are actually colored red, you don't notice the change as much.

The Soles on the V's, VI's, XI's XVI's etc...are actually CLEAR. This makes them more susceptible to dirt and other elements which causes the soles to yellow faster.
So this 'material-change' would only apply to XI's since V's and VI's never really possessed a blue-tint to their sole?

grin.gif

I hate yellow soles, I get so paranoid that I just wish I bought the kicks yellowed already. That way I don't have to worry so much of staying in the sun,stepping in water etc etc.

Although even the tinted soles generate some sort of "coloring," red soles can vaguely appear a deep redish-orange, and sometimes those blue ones canappear a deep greenish-blue. Yellowing sometimes creates character on the shoes I suppose, also as it isn't the brown-urine sort of yellowing.

personally i think it's foolish not to wear a shoe due to the fear of yellowing. you can ziploc, silica pack them up all you want but at the end of the dayit's only "preventive" care. the inevitable will happen. keep your shoes clean, wash them after each wear and treat them with some seaglow everycouple of months (depending on how often you wear them) and there should be no worries. i've worn my infrared vi's numerous times and the bottom partis the only part that has any yellowing and it's VERY minimal.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Agreed. I've also heard that Reebok uses a different material that won't yellow.
Yup 'cause my Retro Iverson Questions(rookie) still got that clear blue sole.
pimp.gif

blue sole flight 96' yellow also.

my retros already look bad & i've worn them maybe 15 times since they came out, they look almost a green color.

i used to thihk it was silly for people to trip the yellowin of the soles being that was the bottom of the shoe. bu ti tguess the part around the midsoles isthe major point. i can see see sea glowin that part but he bottoms that walk on the ground? its kinda beyond me.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Yea old classics with the ice soles dont seem to yellow at all

^^My LS blue 5s are still crispy blue on the side but dirty blue/green on the soles, I don't let it faze me since I wear them and knew it was going tohappen.

Originally Posted by ijapino

The difference is that the soles of the Flight 96's are actually colored blue....therefore, won't actually be affected by the yellowing process as quickly. It's the same as the Black/Red XI's. Because the soles are actually colored red, you don't notice the change as much.

The Soles on the V's, VI's, XI's XVI's etc...are actually CLEAR. This makes them more susceptible to dirt and other elements which causes the soles to yellow faster.
basically

wut bouyt the carolina 5s they got blue tinted bottoms and they still yellow but they look more greenish than yellow

You're looking at the wrong colorway of the Zoom Flight 96.

Look at an OG pair with a clear sole, like the Olympic Zoom Flight 96.

They yellow.

Originally Posted by TerrenceD

I hate them I do not wear my shoes with the clear bottom and really want to but I do not want to mess them up.
thats why you buy two pairs
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

personally i think it's foolish not to wear a shoe due to the fear of yellowing. you can ziploc, silica pack them up all you want but at the end of the day it's only "preventive" care. the inevitable will happen. keep your shoes clean, wash them after each wear and treat them with some seaglow every couple of months (depending on how often you wear them) and there should be no worries. i've worn my infrared vi's numerous times and the bottom part is the only part that has any yellowing and it's VERY minimal.

I need to invest in some seaglow... but it seemslike 50% of people think its a bad idea to use it...

Well the retro 1s alphas are a blue clear sole and still yellow. They do not yellow all around like the 5s or 6s but have some spots that yellow.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

personally i think it's foolish not to wear a shoe due to the fear of yellowing. you can ziploc, silica pack them up all you want but at the end of the day it's only "preventive" care. the inevitable will happen. keep your shoes clean, wash them after each wear and treat them with some seaglow every couple of months (depending on how often you wear them) and there should be no worries. i've worn my infrared vi's numerous times and the bottom part is the only part that has any yellowing and it's VERY minimal.

Exactly my thoughts, well the ones in a bigger font...

Back
Top Bottom