What do you think about Yao Ming 5 years later?

As good as I thought he'd end up being...

but...

For his size and how agile he is, he should dominate more

so true. he should be way more assertive. given his size, agility, and shooting prowess, he should be unstoppable.smh at him not being as aggressive as he needs to be

Originally Posted by rocboys

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ F*ck a matchup stat...

Matchup stats say Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul...stop being stat whores and just watch the game.

At the end of the day...I want my center to be an enforcer in the paint. Go hard, block shots, rebound, try to dunk on any and everyone...and Dwight does that better than anyone right now.

Sir, I watched the game. It was downright embarrassing for the supposedly best center got dominated so bad. Howard, the leading rebounder got outrebound and fouled out with 7-8minutes left in the 4th quarter. Howard knew that if he's gonna be the best center, he has to go through Yao and he did not show. That game Tmac did not even play. The reason I brought up Stats is because you and many others probably did not see the game.

What team is 2nd best defensive team right now? I would say the best b/c Boston played in the East.
On Feb 24, Yao had 12 pts, 6 def rebs, 2 asts, 1 blk, and 4 Tos in 36 minutes against the Bulls.

"But it was only one bad game!!" I'm just saying...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

has proved he can hang for 82 games consistently until a few days ago.

No. Check your facts.
57, 48, and 55.

The number of games yao has played the last 3 seasons respectively.

Yao could work his way into the hall if he could actually stay on the floor.

Yao is a great player...but i wish dude can catch the ball more often whenever he is passed in the low post, dude always juggles the ball like its a baby head.
But dude has a wet turn around, given he is 7'5 or whatever, give me another player present that is 7'+ and has a money shot like his. And he isprobably the best big man free throw shooter in the game right now.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by rocboys

the 2nd best center? who the best center then? Dont tell me it's Howard because I dont wanna bring up the matchup stats.
You want stats? 57, 48, 55... The number of games Yao has played in the last 3 years. In Dwight's 4 years, he's missed a total of 1 game. Dwight is a far better defender and rebounder, and while not as good as Yao offensively, he's still pretty damn good.

Dwight is better than Yao.

Dwight is a mediocre man to man defender at best, he is only useful coming from the weak side.

I wish China would give him a break on the national team (I know it won't be till 2009 at the earliest) but if he was given time to rest his legs, he wouldactually give the Rockets a real chance. Right now though, his heart is still in China.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

As good as I thought he'd end up being...

but...

For his size and how agile he is, he should dominate more

This is garbage, Yao ming has played his entire career with volume shooters at the 2 and 1 it's hard to be more assertive from the post position whenyour guards are ego maniacs.
Ask Joe Buddens.
what good is being open if the guards never fed him

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Yao is a great player...but i wish dude can catch the ball more often whenever he is passed in the low post, dude always juggles the ball like its a baby head.
But dude has a wet turn around, given he is 7'5 or whatever, give me another player present that is 7'+ and has a money shot like his. And he is probably the best big man free throw shooter in the game right now.

word.

dude's been playing year round for quite a while now.

not only is howard not far a superior defender, he's not a superior defender at all.

Yao is the 2nd best center in the league, behind Dwight.

With that being said, he has lived up to the hype to an extent.
I still have to see him show up for a whole season AND the PLAYOFFS to call him the man.

Yao still gets exposed from time to time. Best C in the league is a debatable topic. Yao and Superman are neck-in-neck with Superman looking like he'llmove past Yao sooner or later.

Dwight is a mediocre man to man defender at best, he is only useful coming from the weak side.
I never said Dwight was Ben Wallace in his prime, but he is a better defender than Yao. I don't think that's even debatable.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Yao is the 2nd best center in the league, behind Dwight.

With that being said, he has lived up to the hype to an extent.
I still have to see him show up for a whole season AND the PLAYOFFS to call him the man.

Have you seen Dwight do that?

^No I haven't but Dwight is just coming into his own and is only 22.

Yao is great but he's kind of in the same situation as Mcgrady now, he needs to get out of the first round soon....

laugh.gif
@ dudes in here saying Dwight is better than Yao. As much as I likeDwight, anyone can score on this guy. Just because he gets 15 boards/game doesn't mean he can defend.

yao is effing overated... He is tall.... To me he is not spectacular offensively, not great defensively, he does have pretty good footwork but his best aspectis that he fills stadiums

^ 22 points 11 rebounds per game and 2 blocks/game. I wouldn't say he is overrated. Maybe a couple of years ago, yes. But now? No, he is definitely helpingHouston. Until he got hurt. Sucks for you Rockets fans.

he just needs to be more aggressive and stronger but other than that he's pretty good. top 3 centers in the league i would have to say.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

hes overrated and never lived up the hype...
at least, roclets is getting better, your team traded decent pg for an overpaid pg who cant shoot and looks out of shape. Dallas used to own Spurs,Hornets and now Suns (i think Suns can beat Dallas with Kidd at the point.)

Back
Top Bottom