What do you think about Yao Ming 5 years later?

I love Yao, as a basketball player very much. But I can imagine him getting retired and playing his PS4 in his private home. 4 surgeries in 2 years? Nah ah.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
@ dudes in here saying Dwight is better than Yao. As much as I like Dwight, anyone can score on this guy. Just because he gets 15 boards/game doesn't mean he can defend.
And I take it you believe these same people can't score on Yao?

Originally Posted by giantsytigers

yao is effing overated... He is tall.... To me he is not spectacular offensively, not great defensively, he does have pretty good footwork but his best aspect is that he fills stadiums
You are an idiot.

Yao has THE BEST post game in league and he is one of the beter post defenders.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Yao anchors the 2nd best(you could even consider them the best) defense in the league.

Preach.

yao is effing overated... He is tall.... To me he is not spectacular offensively, not great defensively, he does have pretty good footwork but his best aspect is that he fills stadiums

Name me 1 person 7'3 and up that was remotely as good as yao, that one dude( something george)that is in college who is 7'+ currently makes yaoming look like steve nash. Being that tall is hard to do stuff.

/credibility

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You are an idiot.

Yao has THE BEST post game in league

Did you forget about the guy who wears # 21 and has 4 championship rings?
He still plays in the NBA you know.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

Originally Posted by rocboys

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ F*ck a matchup stat...

Matchup stats say Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul...stop being stat whores and just watch the game.

At the end of the day...I want my center to be an enforcer in the paint. Go hard, block shots, rebound, try to dunk on any and everyone...and Dwight does that better than anyone right now.

Sir, I watched the game. It was downright embarrassing for the supposedly best center got dominated so bad. Howard, the leading rebounder got outrebound and fouled out with 7-8minutes left in the 4th quarter. Howard knew that if he's gonna be the best center, he has to go through Yao and he did not show. That game Tmac did not even play. The reason I brought up Stats is because you and many others probably did not see the game.

What team is 2nd best defensive team right now? I would say the best b/c Boston played in the East.
On Feb 24, Yao had 12 pts, 6 def rebs, 2 asts, 1 blk, and 4 Tos in 36 minutes against the Bulls.

"But it was only one bad game!!" I'm just saying...

Titan Sports: The doctor said it was due to long time stress, wear and tear that had aggravated that slight fracture to become now asevere injury. Did you remember how did you get this injury?

Yao Ming: A lot of people said I twisted and sprained my ankle in that rematch with Milwaukee Bucks (China Derby II); but after re-watching all the videorecordings, according to the team doctor and staff, they discovered that maybe I got my ankle injured as early as November 6 in that competition with DallasMavericks. That was the first loss of the Rockets of this season. I fell onto the floor, and stepped onto the foot of DeSagana Diop; so it is almost 4 monthsfrom then to now.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ F*ck a matchup stat...

Matchup stats say Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul...stop being stat whores and just watch the game.

At the end of the day...I want my center to be an enforcer in the paint. Go hard, block shots, rebound, try to dunk on any and everyone...and Dwight does that better than anyone right now.

Sir, I watched the game. It was downright embarrassing for the supposedly best center got dominated so bad. Howard, the leading rebounder got outrebound and fouled out with 7-8minutes left in the 4th quarter. Howard knew that if he's gonna be the best center, he has to go through Yao and he did not show. That game Tmac did not even play. The reason I brought up Stats is because you and many others probably did not see the game.

What team is 2nd best defensive team right now? I would say the best b/c Boston played in the East.
On Feb 24, Yao had 12 pts, 6 def rebs, 2 asts, 1 blk, and 4 Tos in 36 minutes against the Bulls.

"But it was only one bad game!!" I'm just saying...

Titan Sports: The doctor said it was due to long time stress, wear and tear that had aggravated that slight fracture to become now asevere injury. Did you remember how did you get this injury?

Yao Ming: A lot of people said I twisted and sprained my ankle in that rematch with Milwaukee Bucks (China Derby II); but after re-watching all the videorecordings, according to the team doctor and staff, they discovered that maybe I got my ankle injured as early as November 6 in that competition with DallasMavericks. That was the first loss of the Rockets of this season. I fell onto the floor, and stepped onto the foot of DeSagana Diop; so it is almost 4 monthsfrom then to now.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

hes overrated and never lived up the hype...
at least, roclets is getting better, your team traded decent pg for an overpaid pg who cant shoot and looks out of shape. Dallas used to own Spurs, Hornets and now Suns (i think Suns can beat Dallas with Kidd at the point.)

Salty??
laugh.gif

Yao lived up to the hype for sure.

There was half the basketball world thinking he was going to be a bum, and the other half a dominant C in the league.

As it currently stands, he's a top 3 C in the league, no matter how you slice it.

So, what now? Comparing Yao with other centers from NBA? Or staying in the topic, which is "What do you think about Yao Ming 5 years later?"

Yao has lived up to the initial hype he was given when he was drafted 1st overall 6 years ago. He is a great offensive player with a lot of finesse whichhasn't been seen since The Dream. Like others have said, he is an anchor on one of the top defensive teams in the league. The only knock is his recentinjury woes which stretch back 3 years ago and his so lack of aggressiveness which I don't think he really has. If after these Olympics, China miraculouslylets Yao retire from the squad, I believe he will get even better.

honestly i thought Yao was going to suck.

obviously I was wrong. He's a good center too bad for Houston fans he got hurt. Actually I also wanted to see how the Rockets would do in the west.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

He seems overrated to me. When they played Chicago I remember Noah taking balls away from him.

Give him a break. He even got blocked by Nate Robinson of the KNICKS. Marbury of the KNICKS, former Suns player, gave him a crossover and he fell down.
One sure have off night.
smh.gif
You only see his bad nights, you never really get to see his good side.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You are an idiot.

Yao has THE BEST post game in league

Did you forget about the guy who wears # 21 and has 4 championship rings?
He still plays in the NBA you know.
Robert Horry logic, Yao has the best post game in the league.

/\ LOL...so you're saying people only believe Duncan has the best post game because he has 4 rings...

Just stop it...

Dwight and Yao are two different types of players

DWIGHT is more athletic and VERY quick, can jump a lot high, just an overall athlete

YAO is a more fundamental player

depends on what kind of team you are on, and what they need you for

Back
Top Bottom