What do you think about Yao Ming 5 years later?

Yao is going on 6 years in the NBA, how do you think his progression is? To me, I think he's better than I thought he would be. I never thought he would "dominant" but a above average big man. He can shoot, has good feet and hands and has proved he can hang for 82 games consistently until a few daysago.

Discuss...

As good as I thought he'd end up being...

but...

For his size and how agile he is, he should dominate more

I wouldnt say he has "good feet" due to how injury prone he is with his "wheels" i.e. getting a toe infection or suffering breaks in hisfeet, legs...hes a sportsman tho and i respect his game and the type of player he is, def one of the best centers in the L

the 2nd best center? who the best center then? Dont tell me it's Howard because I dont wanna bring up the matchup stats.

/\ F*ck a matchup stat...

Matchup stats say Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul...stop being stat whores and just watch the game.

At the end of the day...I want my center to be an enforcer in the paint. Go hard, block shots, rebound, try to dunk on any and everyone...and Dwight does thatbetter than anyone right now.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Matchup stats say Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul...stop being stat whores and just watch the game.

At the end of the day...I want my center to be an enforcer in the paint. Go hard, block shots, rebound, try to dunk on any and everyone...and Dwight does that better than anyone right now.

roll.gif
he got called out by his own coach about not blocking shots and notplaying defense
roll.gif

y'all are funny

Originally Posted by rocboys

the 2nd best center? who the best center then? Dont tell me it's Howard because I dont wanna bring up the matchup stats.

People need to start watching games instead of watching fantasy points. If you based stats on how good a player is JKidd and Tomlinson are the best playersto walk the earth.

Originally Posted by rocboys

You want stats? 57, 48, 55... The number of games Yao has played in the last 3 years. In Dwight's 4 years, he's missed a total of 1 game.Dwight is a far better defender and rebounder, and while not as good as Yao offensively, he's still pretty damn good.

Dwight is better than Yao.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

At the end of the day...I want my center to be an enforcer in the paint. Go hard, block shots, rebound, try to dunk on any and everyone...and Dwight does that better than anyone right now.

roll.gif
he got called out by his own coach about not blocking shots and not playing defense
roll.gif

y'all are funny

Good one...he called him out for his performance over a small time frame...like a week or two. So what point are you trying to make? Since you dudes liveand die by stats...do you really want me to pull Dwight's and Yao's stats out since you felt the need to bring up SVG calling Dwight out?

he was worth the pick and has lived up to the hype....if he could stay healthy...

i do think he's healthy enough to finish this season, but he's choosing to rest and play in the olympics over the NBA playoffs....cant blame him thoughrepping his country is more important to him...

roll.gif
he got called out by his own coach about not blocking shots and not playing defense
roll.gif

y'all are funny

Good one...he called him out for his performance over a small time frame...like a week or two. So what point are you trying to make? Since you dudes live and die by stats...do you really want me to pull Dwight's and Yao's stats out since you felt the need to bring up SVG calling Dwight out?

no b/c yao has more of an impact on offense AND defense. i don't look at stats. i watch games. dwight still cannot dominate on offense and can'tget his own shots consistently still. yao can. watch the game.

Honestly he has been better than I thought he would be

I agree he should be more dominate; he has shown flashes of a mean streak, but I would like to see more

I would love to have him on my team

With any young player coming into the league, you hope to see improvement.

Yao has basically improved every year he's been in the L.

Unfortunate his health woes, but no matter how you slice it, he's a top 3 C in the league.

Coming in, not a lot of people thought he'd panned out to be as good as he currently is, so Yao is that dude.
pimp.gif

I didn't expect Yao to be this physical, but he has a lot of grit. Too bad he's gone for the year. It must be tough to stay healthy with such a hugeframe to support.

Sir, I watched the game. It was downright embarrassing for the supposedly best center got dominated so bad. Howard, the leading rebounder got outreboundand fouled out with 7-8minutes left in the 4th quarter. Howard knew that if he's gonna be the best center, he has to go through Yao and he did not show.That game Tmac did not even play. The reason I brought up Stats is because you and many others probably did not see the game.

What team is 2nd best defensive team right now? I would say the best b/c Boston played in the East.

I didn't think he would be as good as he is now. I think he could get even better it's only been 6 years.

You're going to have to kill the cursing.

I didn't think Yao would amount to much more than 15 and 10 honestly.

He's def been better, but as with a lot of big men, I don't see him being able to contribute at the level he's at for 5-6 more years

roll.gif
roll.gif

y'all are funny

Good one...he called him out for his performance over a small time frame...like a week or two. So what point are you trying to make? Since you dudes live and die by stats...do you really want me to pull Dwight's and Yao's stats out since you felt the need to bring up SVG calling Dwight out?

no b/c yao has more of an impact on offense AND defense. i don't look at stats. i watch games. dwight still cannot dominate on offense and can't get his own shots consistently still. yao can. watch the game.

Player A vs Player B thread?

But if Yao doesn't become injury prone, I could see him being the best center in the West for years. It's just matter of staying healthy.

Back
Top Bottom