What do you wear during winter?

Hi everyone!

So I was just wondering what yall wearing during winter? Do you wear boots, beater, heat? Do you carry two pair???

I personally wear some Black/Red Timbs, but i'm think about wearing my Jordans outside, probably gonna use those rubber you put around the shoes while Iwalk outside, and take them off as soon as I arrive inside.

Same thing i wear any other time of the year. With judgment of course......................
Obviously if its slushy you dont bring out some seude or nubuck , but you wouldnt do that
in a summer rain storm either.

Just got the N2Winter CB34's
pimp.gif

Moncler #weoffthat.

Winter all I wear is Boots, very rarely do I wear Sneakers and for that it would have to be a dry day.

i made the mistake last year of wearing chucks in the winter

i thought that doubling my feet with thick socks would help, but no
laugh.gif

anyone know any good thermal socks?

Say whut you want about Nike's quality, but I've been rocking my ACG Zoom Trico's EVERY winter since '97. Best boot ever.

And if it's not snowing, the beat collection gets some playing time, too (Michigan Dunks, St. John's Dunks, White/Grey JIIIs from '01).

They could prob'ly go this winter too, if I didn't want to cop me a pair of ACG Ashiko's (the flywire ACG hiking boot) or the ACG Zoom TallacLite...

The Tallac's are available in Buffalo, but dude couldn't tell me if they wuz waterproof or not -- and whut use is a winter boot if it's notwaterproof?

Just like Canada doesn't get Foams or retro basketball kicks, we are similarly denied ACGs....

Originally Posted by Physicx

i made the mistake last year of wearing chucks in the winter

i thought that doubling my feet with thick socks would help, but no
laugh.gif

anyone know any good thermal socks?
go cop some soccer socks.

four years running now. these and the black/reds.

17wign.jpg

and occasionally these:

6gais0p.jpg

any heavy duty bball shoe works really.

also got a lighter jacket for daily use and for when i have to walk anywhere, a goose down parka. both are by:

8f10t40.jpg

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

north face and nike boots this winter, last year i had timbs
That's what I wore last winter.

I'm looking for a good Pea coat this year so I can rotate, wear the north face sometimes and the Pea coat.
Anyone know any good spots for Pea coats?
nerd.gif

Does anyone own a pair of Red Wings?

Comfort and warmth wise, you good?

I'm also feeling Timbs' Earthtkeepers collection.

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

Say whut you want about Nike's quality, but I've been rocking my ACG Zoom Trico's EVERY winter since '97. Best boot ever.

And if it's not snowing, the beat collection gets some playing time, too (Michigan Dunks, St. John's Dunks, White/Grey JIIIs from '01).

They could prob'ly go this winter too, if I didn't want to cop me a pair of ACG Ashiko's (the flywire ACG hiking boot) or the ACG Zoom Tallac Lite...

The Tallac's are available in Buffalo, but dude couldn't tell me if they wuz waterproof or not -- and whut use is a winter boot if it's not waterproof?

Just like Canada doesn't get Foams or retro basketball kicks, we are similarly denied ACGs....
Yeah, I was considering copping the Tallics there, but when I tried them on I wasn't sure it could deal with the snow. In terms of footwearfor the winter, I won't be rocking much of my sneakers unless there is very little snow on the ground (unlikely). Like the past few years, I'm gonnabreak out the 6" wheat Timbs (a staple for me since the mid 90s), the Goadomes (best winter boot out IMHO), and the Polo cookies (which I just copped).

Originally Posted by TheAbove

I'm also feeling Timbs' Earthtkeepers collection.
That's what I've been wondering.

And I'm really lookin' out for that Timberland Abington Collection.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

just curious, which nike boots do you have? the nike boots ill be rocking are the grey am 90 joints you hooked up for me
pimp.gif

I'm thinking of copping some brown spizikes boots...They look alright
Last winter i wore j's but i don't think im going to this year... probably stick with my timbs and beaters.

as for jacket i got my NF down jacket

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Yeah, I've got em. Two pairs, and about to add a third. Way lighter than Timb's, and they're durable as hell. It's a heftier pricetag, but well worth every dollar. (We used to hit up the Timberland outlet in Buffalo. $100 wheats were nice)

Comfort is great, and they're pretty warm I'd say. My gripe with Timb's is they're just way too heavy....I'd get shin splints on theregular. Never looking back again.

i've worn air max 90 boots for the past 2 winters. pretty awesome boots imo. good traction in the snow, somewhat waterproof, great arch support and nicecushioning. the only downside is the lack of insulation. which i wouldnt expect from something by nike... but you know, it would be good in -40 weather wesometimes get in montreal haha

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

just curious, which nike boots do you have? the nike boots ill be rocking are the grey am 90 joints you hooked up for me
pimp.gif
I wore the Neon Am 90's last year.

Back
Top Bottom