WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF OTHER RACES?? Vol. Randall's mum, Clerks 2

Well, me & my mum went to the Chinese / Malysian restaurant the other day and thats when it really struck me. My mum (god bless her) is like from somebygone age when people called a spade a spade and said some pretty dodgy things about other races.....

Example:

As soon as we sit down in the Chinese restaurant :

Her: "I hope the Chiney food in here is good, I dont want any rubbish. And I dont want any dog. They dont serve any dog in here dothey?"

Commenting on my use of chopsticks

Her: "That Chiney girl you hang around with is teaching you well".
Me: "I told you before, shes Japanese"
Her: "C'mon now. Well, thats like part of China anyway...."
smh.gif

My unsuccessful attempt trying to tell her to calm down on the dodgy rather loud comments...

Me: "You gotta relax, seriously, you cant say stuff like that in here".
Her (looking over at 2 Chinese girls eating at the next table to ours):
"Why? Look at them....they dont care....you think they can even speak English?"
smh.gif

I never wanted the ground to swallow me up so fast
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone have parents with dodgy views on other races? Keep it clean please...

west indian grandparents= kind racist
they dont mean to be offensive...but that doesnt stop it from happening

Originally Posted by imsojayded

Your West Indian
devil.gif

Means you not bringing home that white boy anytime soon though
laugh.gif

Mom: Gets high off of diversity so she's always made effort to learn about different races/ethnicities/etc.
Grandma: was a Black Panther so she was always on that hippie "everyone is equal" steeze.
Grandpa: Is still stuck in the old days he wouldn't even vote because he said "white folk don't like it when you do that". He was almostlynched so he's still traumatized from his days in South Carolina.
Dad's side of the family: Every Asian person is Chinese, Every Latino/Hispanic person is Mexican. I think I may have nipped that in the bud though.
Pops: He's not ignorant about any race, but he's not big on interracial dating for me.

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

indifferent.gif
Your mom would have got walloped around my way
Oh yeah, is that right?

So how would the 'dog on the menu' comment have gone down in a Korean restaurant do you think...yay or nay?
I'm serious

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

indifferent.gif
Oh yeah, really?

How would the 'dog on the menu' comment have gone down in a Korean restaurant do you think...yay or nay?
I'm serious

Well, they would probably ask you why you needed another since you mom would be the only one in sight.

Sometimes I think my mom is racist
nerd.gif

If she'll see a....
Mexican = Jose
Indian corner store owner = Apu
etc...

But she ain't so
indifferent.gif

She talks about EVERYBODY, her and my uncle used to go to the mall just to talk about folks
laugh.gif

Both my parents embrace all races never once in my life heard either one of them say something negative or stereotypical at least that I can rememer

indifferent.gif
Oh yeah, really?

How would the 'dog on the menu' comment have gone down in a Korean restaurant do you think...yay or nay?
I'm serious

Well, they would probably ask you why you needed another since you mom would be the only one in sight.

eek.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

damn!

indifferent.gif
Oh yeah, really?

I'm serious

You havent answered my question, is there dog on the menu or can only you or say your mum get that for me?
(like a special Korean Only type menu written in Hangul?).

Dont be so typically closed minded with the schoolyard insults, you've made it far by being in America and integrating, dont spoil it

my parents (indian) are pretty damn good about it. i honestly only have like two indian friends...the rest of my friends are white, asian, hispanic, latino,black, etc. they've never cared or said anything negative about other races. even with girls, while a lot of indian parents are strict, my parents haveflat out told me i can bring home any race of girl, as long as she's nice and makes me happy.

my grandmother on the other hand, that's a different story, but she'll learn to deal with it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by imsojayded

Your West Indian
devil.gif

Means you not bringing home that white boy anytime soon though
laugh.gif

my mom was mixed (scottish and jamaican) dad is trini
my mom is all for mixed relationships...her whole side of the family is white ...my dad...not so much
told me when i was 14 not to bring no white boy in his house lol

My mom is racist, that's another reason I don't really talk to her/visit her.

indifferent.gif
Oh yeah, really?

I'm serious

You havent answered my question, is there dog on the menu or can only you or say your mum get that for me?
(like a special Korean Only type menu written in Hangul?).

Dont be so typically closed minded with the schoolyard insults, you've made it far by being in America and integrating, dont spoil it

It perplexes me that you would start a thread about racism and your disappointment with it but as soon as you start feeling insulted...you go straight into aracist rant about "dogs" and "Koreans". Lets face it, your just as racist as your mum and is hereonly to make useless commentary. I now see that you would have got walloped with her, closet racist. **** troll.

Edit: It seems that you haven't integrated enough...we don't say "mum" in the US. It makes you sound soft like apple sauce.

Back
Top Bottom