What Ever Happened To The Customisation Craze (AF1s) - Early-Mid 2000s

I remember there was one guy operating out of Singapore - he used to paint AF1s and Dunks, some amazing camo patterns. There were others around at the time, completely forgotten names...

Photographs anyone?

I remember there was one guy operating out of Singapore - he used to paint AF1s and Dunks, some amazing camo patterns. There were others around at the time, completely forgotten names...

Photographs anyone?

no photographs, but the trend is still there, there's the sneakerpimps show that goes around the globe with them.

I did a pair about 4-5 years ago, it was fun, they lasted through a good wear, but it's not that easy of a thing to do. Getting the leather to bond with the paint is tough and requires lots of acetone and rubbing.

Look on Sneakerfreaker for more if you're in to that stuff, they have a good guide and pictures.

no photographs, but the trend is still there, there's the sneakerpimps show that goes around the globe with them.

I did a pair about 4-5 years ago, it was fun, they lasted through a good wear, but it's not that easy of a thing to do. Getting the leather to bond with the paint is tough and requires lots of acetone and rubbing.

Look on Sneakerfreaker for more if you're in to that stuff, they have a good guide and pictures.

Originally Posted by Severn

Eventually the paint will crack...

Originally Posted by HighMan

My Kbizzle customs are still holding up last time I checked, still crispy too
pimp.gif

My Kbizzle customs are still holding up last time I checked, still crispy too
pimp.gif

All the shoe companies started coming out with shoes in every color combo under the sun.
u want shiny red orange and green sneakers? ok here u go in patent leather.

at one point there were 28 shoe companies making sneakers in AF1 and Dunk templates in crazy colors it was too much work to make custom colors that probally exist.

All the shoe companies started coming out with shoes in every color combo under the sun.
u want shiny red orange and green sneakers? ok here u go in patent leather.

at one point there were 28 shoe companies making sneakers in AF1 and Dunk templates in crazy colors it was too much work to make custom colors that probally exist.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Werent most custom sneaker sites just selling varients?
Probably - but I'm talking about people from NT (and ISS and other message boards) who were into customising.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Werent most custom sneaker sites just selling varients?
Probably - but I'm talking about people from NT (and ISS and other message boards) who were into customising.

they started thinking they were doing it and were celebrities.

they started thinking they were doing it and were celebrities.

The acetone mixed with the paint was to deal with that. They didn't crack, just got worn on the inside and sole.  Took some patience and many layers. 
If you don't prep things properly, then yes, it will crack. 

The acetone mixed with the paint was to deal with that. They didn't crack, just got worn on the inside and sole.  Took some patience and many layers. 
If you don't prep things properly, then yes, it will crack. 

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Nike-Dunks-Hi-Custom-Kill-Bill-Triumvir3.jpg

There were some other guys i cant remember

I think dude used to post on NT. His customs were sick as hell. But i think customs died because of fakes oversaturating the market.

Back
Top Bottom