What exactly is the difference in the AM 360 bubble and the 95 bubble?

The 360 bubble is MASSIVE, while they cut down the bubble on the 95 and other retro styles.  I heard they did this to the retro's for the sake of the environment.  Don't know if that is true...but if it is, why no outcry about the 360?!?!?

Now all we have are deformed retros (see the Pippens and Uptempos)...   Can anyone shed some light?

Theres a few informative threads on the air max (dont call it a bubble LOLOLOL) floating around here.

It actually was and environmental issue cause the gas used in the og bubbles contained some gas that depleted the ozone.

they now use nitrogen and the molecules were smaller so they had to the "bubble" differently and smaller. thus the thick yet miniscule air max size. they seemed to have solved the problem but the bubbles seem considerably small still.

just search here and retro, youll find the threads im talkin about.

The 360 air unit and AM 2009 unit are also bigger since they were designed from scratch to accommodate the newer gas.

The older ones that used to use the old gas had to be modified to fit the newer one and that unfortunately meant reducing the size of the units. Plus, they are built differently (seam at the extreme top hidden by the midsole instead of having the seam run across the air unit like it used to be) which also accounts for the reduction in the "bulge."

It makes sense, but I guess my issue is that Nike couldn't re-engineer to stay "true" to one of their most iconic shoes of all time?

why would they care when consumers purchase whatever they put out anyways?

they're a money making machine

it sucks, yeah from a fan's standpoint but their responsibility is to share-holders.

This has been my big argument all along. That "environment gas" is just an excuse by Nike. They could've changed things up and still kept a bigger air bubble. The LeBron VII's have huge air bubbles, they could've just used that "technology" on the retro's so that they can also have big air bubbles (i.e. Pippens, Uptempo's).

Because retros are lifestyle products and the newer shoes are for actual athletic activity. If every athlete balled or ran in retros, the Lifestyle department would take all revenue from Basketball and Running.

Originally Posted by offbad

why would they care when consumers purchase whatever they put out anyways?

they're a money making machine

it sucks, yeah from a fan's standpoint but their responsibility is to share-holders.

thats all you need to say right there........... is all about the money.

Back
Top Bottom