What happened to men?

Yeah I dig what @KHUFU is saying.

I use a Clarisonic daily :lol:

You can also add mental health to the list of things that men view as taboo. Most men would suffer from crippling anxiety or be bed ridden from depression than face the stigma from their friends, family, and peers. Sad.

If it gets that deep for dudes i think a lot would sooner off themselves rather then face that level of depression.

If it gets that deep for dudes i think a lot would sooner off themselves rather then face that level of depression.

A lot of people are crippled by anxiety and/or depression and don't seek help or commit suicide. You'd be surprised.

There's an entire population of homeless people that live out their days being severely mentally/emotionally ill.

But again, that's just another example. There's a spectrum. I personally know folks that can't get out of bed some days.

Even for those of us that have it all together it occasionally feels like it’s by a string.

The mental toll of living is tough. Think that the fake news we received as kids about what life really is did most of us no favors. We’re constantly bombarded with images of people being ridiculously happy and with movie like life’s. But the reality of paying rent every month, student loan debt, finding the right girl, saving for a house, having no major medical issues, etc etc is really a lot.

But that’s really why self awareness and working on handling emotions better is worthwhile compared to changing circumstances only. Cuz it’s unlikely life will get significantly easier. Only option is to temper the steel of yourself so that you can handle it better.

Even for those of us that have it all together it occasionally feels like it’s by a string.

The mental toll of living is tough. Think that the fake news we received as kids about what life really is did most of us no favors. We’re constantly bombarded with images of people being ridiculously happy and with movie like life’s. But the reality of paying rent every month, student loan debt, finding the right girl, saving for a house, having no major medical issues, etc etc is really a lot.

But that’s really why self awareness and working on handling emotions better is worthwhile compared to changing circumstances only. Cuz it’s unlikely life will get significantly easier. Only option is to temper the steel of yourself so that you can handle it better.

Billy-Madison-12.gif

I agree, gotta learn how to deal with you emotions/reactions since it directly correlates with stress-levels. Self-reflection is also key because it's good way to think over how you're handling things as an individual and ways you can adjust to different circumstances. When I jog or shower, my mind tends to wander off into "problem-solving" mode.

re: Hands.

I have always hated looking at my hands being ashy so I have ALWAYS kept them lotioned up.

One time this woman at work shook my hand and told me my hands were soft and she could tell I didn't do any manual labor.

:lol: Yea I was insulted because she was wrong and she was taking shots.

So it ain't just dudes that have bought into those ideals. :lol:

I had a co-worker say that to me too and I decided to be petty and make fun of her ashy feet :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom