What Is Jail Like?

The longest I ever been in jail was 7 days.
Worst 7 days of my life. Jail wasnt that bad,
but for the charge they had me under I was
wit convicted killers and rapists.
smh.gif

U gotta think twice about lil $@%% that u really
wouldnt even give a eff about out in the real
world.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Inmates report being raped by guards significantly more than other inmates.
source is needed imediately
grin.gif

http://www.cbsnews.com/st...health/main5106577.shtml
Based on a 2007survey of tens of thousands of incarcerated people, 4.5 percent ofthose surveyed reported being sexually abused in the previous 12 months— and more prisoners claimed abuse by staff than by other inmates.

They didn't say sexual abuse though..just abuse.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/...ty=pbdetail&iid=1149
  • [*]An estimated 60,500 inmates (or 4.5% of all Stateand Federal inmates) experienced one or more incidents of sexualvictimization involving other inmates or staff.[*]Nationwide, about 2.1% of inmates reported an incident involving another inmate and 2.9% reported an incident involving staff.[*]Amongthe 146 prison facilities in the 2007 NIS, 6 had no reports of sexualvictimization from the sampled inmates; 10 had an overall victimizationrate of at least 9.3%.[*]Among the 10 facilities with thehighest overall prevalence rates, 3 had prevalence rates of staffsexual misconduct that exceeded 10%.
    [*]

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I do not know what jail or prison is like and I never plan on knowing.

lol so why reply to a thread that says... what is jail like?

Food sucks. You stick to your race and mind your own business you will be cool. But thats if you aint doing time, if you doing more then a week then good luck.

jail aint bad at all.....but im not tryna go up the road
smh.gif

things i did while i was in the box.........

* i had around $1600 on me when i got locked up....so my commisary was on steroids!
eek.gif
.....oh yeah, you gotta pay to be locked up!!! thats right....a $1 a day!!!! no lie yo!!!
* write a ton of music
* write letters back and fourth to your special someone
* talk on the phone to whoever set up an inmate account (you cant just call random people to accept a collect call)......but you can always get someone to do a three way!!!
* eat; the food wasnt bad at all, but bagged lunches make you feel like such a loser
sick.gif
......but i was busy making big $%$ buritos, pizza's, bliky's, surf&turf pate, nacho feasts, and throwin down on quarter cakes....i.e...hunny buns, zeebra cakes, strawberry rolls..etc
* work out; no free weights....so you have to get creative. like lifting trash cans with a bucket placed inside with cleaning solution to do curls, or brenchpress your bunk with your celly laying on it
* watch tv; Maury, Price is Right, Tyra, Family Fued, News, primetime lineups is what you watch.....and Family Guy right before its lights out!!! oh yeah....the hispanics only keep it on one channle ALL day.....so its soap operas and GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLL more than a lil bit!
laugh.gif

* sit and wait for your court dates
* sit aint have fights with conscience all the time
* play spaids, dominoes, chess, monopoly, and scrable
* stay fresh with the brand new white tees / socks / boxers / jumper (gotta be cool with a few trustees)
* free haircuts every week
* talk $@%% and hear everyone else talk $@%% and jone on people.........people also talk about how cool they are or how much stuff they have on the street, but you know whos flat out lying or slightly sugar coating

prolly left out some things, but %*%$ that....im not tryna remember!!! and its not a place i want to go back and waste my time at!!!!

pimp.gif

Had a charge.

Turned myself in at DC local station. sat in the holding cell for 2-3 hrs.

then they transfered me to US Marshalls downtown. IT got REAL. i was like
eek.gif

Dudes walking around in orange jumpsuits talking smack. Stuck in a cell for hours with OD people.

Never going back.

Question for DC dudes, since yall not a state do yall have penitentiaries or do Ns from DC just go straight to the Feds? I heard there is so many Ns from DC they got they own mob "Tha DC Boys" or something like that.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Had a charge.

Turned myself in at DC local station. sat in the holding cell for 2-3 hrs.

then they transfered me to US Marshalls downtown. IT got REAL. i was like
eek.gif

Dudes walking around in orange jumpsuits talking smack. Stuck in a cell for hours with OD people.

Never going back.

about the trash talk.

I also forgot to mention that when I was going in for the 1st time, you walk by the kitchen to the elevator next to it. so when we stopped at the elevator, the kitchen door was open and there was this one white dude sitting down reading a book. I saw nothing but black people in the kitchen and as soon as them they saw me, I started hearing all kinds of words, but I was like %@$+ them, the dude that worried me the most was the white dude that was sitting down reading his book by himself.

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

jail aint bad at all.....but im not tryna go up the road
smh.gif

things i did while i was in the box.........

* i had around $1600 on me when i got locked up....so my commisary was on steroids!
eek.gif
.....oh yeah, you gotta pay to be locked up!!! thats right....a $1 a day!!!! no lie yo!!!
* write a ton of music
* write letters back and fourth to your special someone
* talk on the phone to whoever set up an inmate account (you cant just call random people to accept a collect call)......but you can always get someone to do a three way!!!
* eat; the food wasnt bad at all, but bagged lunches make you feel like such a loser
sick.gif
......but i was busy making big !%! buritos, pizza's, bliky's, surf&turf pate, nacho feasts, and throwin down on quarter cakes....i.e...hunny buns, zeebra cakes, strawberry rolls..etc
* work out; no free weights....so you have to get creative. like lifting trash cans with a bucket placed inside with cleaning solution to do curls, or brenchpress your bunk with your celly laying on it
* watch tv; Maury, Price is Right, Tyra, Family Fued, News, primetime lineups is what you watch.....and Family Guy right before its lights out!!! oh yeah....the hispanics only keep it on one channle ALL day.....so its soap operas and GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLL more than a lil bit!
laugh.gif

* sit and wait for your court dates
* sit aint have fights with conscience all the time
* play spaids, dominoes, chess, monopoly, and scrable
* stay fresh with the brand new white tees / socks / boxers / jumper (gotta be cool with a few trustees)
* free haircuts every week
* talk ##%$ and hear everyone else talk ##%$ and jone on people.........people also talk about how cool they are or how much stuff they have on the street, but you know whos flat out lying or slightly sugar coating

prolly left out some things, but @$@% that....im not tryna remember!!! and its not a place i want to go back and waste my time at!!!!

pimp.gif

You from VA?? cuz this sounds exactly how it was for me in jail... I see you know about the Blickys
pimp.gif

just like moe said . time goes by as long as you dont think about the outside world. then you got the box which is the worst you dolo all day. on the island there 2 phone for the whole box and always a dumb $#@ that breaks them. box reminds me of the zoo peeps mad far from each other yelling talking %$#@. if you broke and in jail you just $@#% up

i did a week in jail, its something i try to erase from my memory. horrible experience. im the only male cousin in my family that isnt in prison and i plan to keep it that way
tired.gif

damn just got out yesterday from doin 86 days..
i can speak for LA county .
in a nutshell u run with ur race..
4 groups
southsiders(latinos mostly gangsters or so cal residents)
blacks
paisas(latinos who dont speak english)
and woods(whites)
each group has their own routine but basically
respect everyone , follow the house rules and ull be alright.
rape is not an issue.
no stealing from anyone! (code among theives)
so dont worry bout gettin jacked lol
u get caught stealing u leave on a stretcher if ur in a dorm thats being run right.
sex offenders, rapists, molesters, snitches and those types get dealt with on sight.
if ur not one of those ull be alright.
having money on ur books is a big plus.
i would say the biggest worry for some of u would be a race riot.
dont be shy bout gettin butt naked lol
there will be plenty of fights but if your not lookin for it then it most likely wont come to you.
and if its not ur business dont speak on it and dont look.
dont give anybody ur word unless u plan on keeping it.
play cards, watch tv, chop it up with ur bunkies n neighbors, read the paper, work out, eat.
cops treat u like @!+# but dont let it get too u.
the mats arent that great but ull get used to it.
food is not great some of it is fair but most is edible.
writing letters to your peeps back and forth.
making collect calls to whoever will accept.
ur whole online life comes to a halt! no myspace FB or NT lol
Prison is basically the same only police treat u better
there are more groups with more tension.
so that means more chances for riots.
consequences are worst.
Rape.. well some groups dont get down like that but cant speak for everyone.
food is better commisary is cheaper
u can buy radios tvs cds couches etc
get tatoos by some talented artists for like a dollar
if theyre from ur area u might get it free...
come out sleeved upha
but ull be doing more time. etc...  
there are more things between both good and bad but thats basically it.

Originally Posted by p2vandal

4 groups
blacks
and woods(whites)
what if your some obscure race that doesnt fit into those categories

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Originally Posted by p2vandal

4 groups
blacks
and woods(whites)
what if your some obscure race that doesnt fit into those categories
Foreel, I'm mixed, I know I can't go to prison.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom