What J's were you looking forward to but disappointed upon seeing in person?

h-townpitbull

Banned
I wanted to start a thread to get some opinions on J's that maybe you were excited for to release and then disappointed when you saw them in person; for reasons such as quality, etc.

I just saw the Crimson 3's at the mall Saturday and they looked cheap and corny. I can't stress enough how CHEAP they looked, and the colors just looked terrible man. Very underwhelming. If you bought these, you just wanted to get some new J's--not because the shoes looked good to you.

Of recent, other shoes that were disappointing were the 2011 model 7's, Varsity Red 6's, and most of all the 2009 Space Jams.

I would have to say the wolf grays. I bought these and camped for them. They released the weekend of my birthday and I was super stoked. The first year they were fire to me. Then these past couple months I have looked at them and just been disappointed. So I traded them.

Chicago Xs, I was so excited when I heard they re coming out , stood in line for an hour & saw them was just 
sick.gif
; i still copped cuz i wasnt standing in line for nothing

I'm a bit off topic because I haven't seen the shoes in person obviously, but I'm really disappointed with how the Red Suede 4's are looking. They aren't even the suede they were supposed to be so the red looks really dull in comparison to the unofficial pics, and they made a lot of parts gray instead of black and the shoes went from instant cop to a definite no for me.

Chicago Xs, I was so excited when I heard they re coming out , stood in line for an hour & saw them was just 
sick.gif

; i still copped cuz i wasnt standing in line for nothing

I sold these too a few months down the line. Funny thing is that these are what started my buying jordans again recently. I didn't like the narrow fit and didn't want to have to find a 13 to replace my size 12s. I don't miss them.

I sold these too a few months down the line. Funny thing is that these are what started my buying jordans again recently. I didn't like the narrow fit and didn't want to have to find a 13 to replace my size 12s. I don't miss them.
i feel both of yall on the Chi X's also. Some J's just look good in photos, know'm sayin? But ya, on those Toro 4's, i'm predicting disappointment too since its the nubuck stuff and not suede apparently.

The Oly 6's would be my choice. Was super hyped when I ordered them from Soleheaven. Got the shoes, the box looked like someone had gnawed on it before it got to my place. The overall shape of the shoe is off. The shoe is also super uncomfortable. Every time I look at them, I want to hurl them against a brick wall.

The Oly 6's would be my choice. Was super hyped when I ordered them from Soleheaven. Got the shoes, the box looked like someone had gnawed on it before it got to my place. The overall shape of the shoe is off. The shoe is also super uncomfortable. Every time I look at them, I want to hurl them against a brick wall.

Agreed.. Very disappointed.

Another for me were the Wheat 13's from 2005.. :smh:

Hahaha, for real, that's how I used to feel about my '09 Space Jams til I sold em. The shape, materials, and comfort were embarrassing. I didn't even want them in my collection anymore cause they stuck out like a sore thumb to me due to the lack of quality; and plus I just hated wearing em--felt like trash on my feet.

Yeah, gotta go with the Olympic 6s. 

They're so uncomfortable I thought I had gotten fakes or something at first.

I'm still mad I paid over retail for them considering I wasn't even going to get them on RD.

CDP Bred 11s
2009 Space Jams
Red Durabuck 4s (CANT STRESS THIS ONE ENOUGH)
2012 Bred 11s
GMP 6s
2012 Fire Red 4s
Hare 1s (the leather felt cheap as hell although the nubuck was nice)
2012 Olympic 7s

This is a good topic OP. Let's see....

Olympic VI's, compared to the original version, these were bad. They weren't even mine, held em at the crib for my co worker. Looked at them and my olympic VI dunk version had better quality leather.
Chicago X's, not even X fan but these.... :smh:
Military IV's and Fire Red IV's (all retros) - just bad

I don't understand the SJ slander tho. Guess it's subjective....

well.... the jams (and cdp XIs) were shaped funny and had no inner padding. its gotten better starting with the cg xi retro. comfort was almost non existent.

well.... the jams (and cdp XIs) were shaped funny and had no inner padding. its gotten better starting with the cg xi retro. comfort was almost non existent.

I see what you are saying about the ankle padding. Now that I think about it, you're right. There is a huge difference. Continuing with that, the leather on the upper near the ankles are night and day, but I over look that in terms of just wearing. Am I less disgusted I paid more for them and see this? Not really. To me, the shape isn't that bad, maybe I just wasn't seen it like you guys. I don't have the CG XI retro, the outsole just was off putting to me a little. In terms of comfort, I haven't worn either of my newer SJ or Concords yet so idk. I will say '00 SJ comfort is out of this world.

exactly

SJ were crap IMO also

they had CDP quality with lil wayne fueled hype

So no one cared thier feet were killing them :lol:

Last edited:

I see what you are saying about the ankle padding. Now that I think about it, you're right. There is a huge difference. Continuing with that, the leather on the upper near the ankles are night and day, but I over look that in terms of just wearing. Am I less disgusted I paid more for them and see this? Not really. To me, the shape isn't that bad, maybe I just wasn't seen it like you guys. I don't have the CG XI retro, the outsole just was off putting to me a little. In terms of comfort, I haven't worn either of my newer SJ or Concords yet so idk. I will say '00 SJ comfort is out of this world.

i mean, they dont look that bad when on feet. i wear my 09 jams from time to time. sold off my whole 00-01 collection when i was in a forget jordan kick. kinda stupid in hindsite since im back at it like i never left.

i think it was CDP 12 Black reds as far as rating quality. 2012 black/reds have poor patent leather even compared to the CDP XIs. i wore them for an hr and had a mean crease on the toe box (bunyon area) that i never have seen with my other XIs

Damn, so now I don't feel bad for not being able to snag a pair of the black/reds in December. I wholeheartedly believe that the 00-01 versions are the best. I got newer pairs because obviously my older joints won't hold up forever. I also got '09 SJ and '11 Concords .5 bigger. The PL tightens around my foot. My 00 Concords are an 11 and 00 SJ are 11.5. I figured I won't have trouble. Yeah, OG SJ hold up nice, I've def seen 09s that look worse than my 00 SJ and I wear them on the reg.

Back
Top Bottom