What kind/brand wireless router do you own?

The new linksys wireless N router(wnt310) w/4 gigabit switch looks ill as *%%...I think I want to upgrade for that joint. Any other worthwhile routers yall canput me on to that are good?

I have an older Linksys and it has been pretty solid.

I don't really get the point in having a really fast router - when the holdup in the system is surely your internet speed?

I have a 10Mb connection which is still not as fast as my router (wireless G I think) so that does me fine - was downloading at over 900k a few minutes ago.

I currently have a netgear rangemax..I just really like the "lightshow" thing it has going on...
it serves its purpose and thats all that matters...

I use a D-Link. The range is good, but the speed is a bit... average... But hey, it's still MUCH faster than 56K though...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kdwallace

I have an older Linksys and it has been pretty solid.

I don't really get the point in having a really fast router - when the holdup in the system is surely your internet speed?

I have a 10Mb connection which is still not as fast as my router (wireless G I think) so that does me fine - was downloading at over 900k a few minutes ago.

It matters when you're transferring files between computers on your network. But yeah, for internet 54G is good enough.

High speed wifi modems are good for people who share media amongst networked computers and game systems in their home. I have my ps3 wired through ethernet,and it's blazin fast to transfer files to it.

I have FiOS here, so I have the integrated modem/router. It's crazy fast, I've gotten DL speeds of over 2 megs per second from the web. Fastestconnection I've ever used.

Back
Top Bottom