What kind of media server you guys using?

after a few months of usage Im loving XBMC.    Using it on my macbook, connected to my HDTV via HMDI.

It plays every file type known to mang.  Does emulators, streams movies/tvshows, countless plug ins, programs, games etc.  There also are a billion diff skins.  Here's what Im using right meow:

after a few months of usage Im loving XBMC.    Using it on my macbook, connected to my HDTV via HMDI.

It plays every file type known to mang.  Does emulators, streams movies/tvshows, countless plug ins, programs, games etc.  There also are a billion diff skins.  Here's what Im using right meow:

That's not a server, that's software 
laugh.gif

This is a server
insidern5.png

wink.gif

i use boxee, or just stream through my 360 or watch on the ext. hdd
boxee is the same as xbmc, except, and there's an app so you can use the ipod touch/iphone as the remote
when it's hooked to your tv, you can run your Netflix through it
you can watch shows from hulu etc.  along with your own media
old pics
boxeemovies.jpg

boxeetv.jpg

boxeequeue2.jpg

i use boxee, or just stream through my 360 or watch on the ext. hdd
boxee is the same as xbmc, except, and there's an app so you can use the ipod touch/iphone as the remote
when it's hooked to your tv, you can run your Netflix through it
you can watch shows from hulu etc.  along with your own media
old pics
boxeemovies.jpg

boxeetv.jpg

boxeequeue2.jpg

Anyone got a good server for PS3? Or something better than PS3 Media Server? PS3MS doesnt stream movies for me without getting choppy.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

i just use windows to stream stuff but explain this xbmc thing to me
And this too
nerd.gif

Anyone got a good server for PS3? Or something better than PS3 Media Server? PS3MS doesnt stream movies for me without getting choppy.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

i just use windows to stream stuff but explain this xbmc thing to me
And this too
nerd.gif

WTH is everyone talking about servers for? A xbox and ps3 are not servers. I use a crappy low power and quiet small computer that sits in the connector my room as a file server which holds files from my laptop,pc and external harddrive. I use it to stream music and movies with remote control from my laptop anywhere in the world and while I'm at home. Its the %%!+

WTH is everyone talking about servers for? A xbox and ps3 are not servers. I use a crappy low power and quiet small computer that sits in the connector my room as a file server which holds files from my laptop,pc and external harddrive. I use it to stream music and movies with remote control from my laptop anywhere in the world and while I'm at home. Its the %%!+

Anyone use the Western Digital HD LIVE gizmo?  Plays every file format as well, and with with the bland GUI for $120 it looks to be a good deal.

Originally Posted by thewodun

can you get it to play mkv files?

Plays ALL file types my man.

Back
Top Bottom