What makes a person "Ghetto"?

Serious question, I'm around some people that just throw the word around and call everything "ghetto" even though they've never been or experienced that life.

Then, I was riding the bus today (sold my cars moving back to NYC), and this girl had her RINGTONE on her phone BLASTING!

She looking at everybody looking at her and sucking her teeth, which her breath smelled like death (Cheetos and Pickles)

But she felt nothing was wrong with BLASTING her ringtone and singing along for about 30 seconds before she answered.

....IMO MetroPCS is to blame, they're GHETTO. They're liberating people who arent meant to won cell phones.

So that's my example, what makes a person "GHETTO" to you?

Serious question, I'm around some people that just throw the word around and call everything "ghetto" even though they've never been or experienced that life.

Then, I was riding the bus today (sold my cars moving back to NYC), and this girl had her RINGTONE on her phone BLASTING!

She looking at everybody looking at her and sucking her teeth, which her breath smelled like death (Cheetos and Pickles)

But she felt nothing was wrong with BLASTING her ringtone and singing along for about 30 seconds before she answered.

....IMO MetroPCS is to blame, they're GHETTO. They're liberating people who arent meant to won cell phones.

So that's my example, what makes a person "GHETTO" to you?

I don't see how Metro is ghetto.

They're just proving you don't need expensive multi year contracts to communicate with people and browse the web.

with that said, im under contract with fAilT&T
30t6p3b.gif

They're just proving you don't need expensive multi year contracts to communicate with people and browse the web.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

30t6p3b.gif

No, cell phones are designed for people on the GO ...have business, school etc. People that can PAY for service and APPRECIATE it.

MetroPOS yo can't even leave the state with it, you have to stay LOCAL...why would a person that has no where to go need a cell phone?
Empowering them folks to be in the midst of people with a meaningful life....BUMS

30t6p3b.gif

No, cell phones are designed for people on the GO ...have business, school etc. People that can PAY for service and APPRECIATE it.

MetroPOS yo can't even leave the state with it, you have to stay LOCAL...why would a person that has no where to go need a cell phone?
Empowering them folks to be in the midst of people with a meaningful life....BUMS

If you walkn through target with your pants right above your knees with a walk similar to someone who was just sodomized with a baseball bat wearin high-end fake clothing, and you smell like you just got done hotboxing and downing a 40... you're ghetto

If you walkn through target with your pants right above your knees with a walk similar to someone who was just sodomized with a baseball bat wearin high-end fake clothing, and you smell like you just got done hotboxing and downing a 40... you're ghetto

People from below-average/not so affluent regions/cities who act differently from people from average/above average places. Since they aren't from the nicer places, they do things that are strange/disrespectful to those who aren't familiar with their lifestyle.

People from below-average/not so affluent regions/cities who act differently from people from average/above average places. Since they aren't from the nicer places, they do things that are strange/disrespectful to those who aren't familiar with their lifestyle.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

30t6p3b.gif

Pretty sure Metro isn't free, so they are paying for service.

I know a couple people that have Metro phones, have jobs (yeah, local. they don't need to travel) or go to school. Some just can't justify spending a minimum of 80 dollars + being tied down to a company for 2 years simply because they want to communicate with people.

Do you consider AT&t's Go Phone ghetto? Sprint's Virgin Mobile? They all do the same thing, just tied to bigger companies.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

30t6p3b.gif

Pretty sure Metro isn't free, so they are paying for service.

I know a couple people that have Metro phones, have jobs (yeah, local. they don't need to travel) or go to school. Some just can't justify spending a minimum of 80 dollars + being tied down to a company for 2 years simply because they want to communicate with people.

Do you consider AT&t's Go Phone ghetto? Sprint's Virgin Mobile? They all do the same thing, just tied to bigger companies.

I wont see a poor person and think they're "ghetto", but i guess how wealthy you are indirectly effects how you talk and dress but its not equivalent.

Most often its a combination of a poor person + involved in hip hop culture + obnoxious.

Back
Top Bottom