WHAT ORDER WOULD U TAKE THE QB'S FROM THE 06 TO THE 08 DRAFT??

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

LOL at people taking Vince # 1 after a season where his QB rating was below 70(or right at 70) and threw 12 more picks than TD's and thought about retiring after his rookie season.
Eric Moulds, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage...

I'm sorry, but you cannot expect a young QB to mature and develop when there is not one legitimate receiving weapon on the field. Moulds, Williams, and Gage are all #3 types, not one of them should be starting NFL receivers...

It's still tough to argue against Vince having the highest upside potential of any of these guys... The Titans haven't given dude a chance with the crap he's surrounded with in that offense...

I don't see how some of you dog Vince, but want to take Matt Leinart seriously... Dudes surrounded by WEAPONS, and was very mediocre when he was on the field this year. He hasn't established himself as the guy ahead of Kurt Warner.
ohwell.gif

The only two I can see being justified over Vince are Brady Quinn and Jay Cutler.
and you cant expect any kind of NFL WR to look good with a QB underthrowing/overthrowing them over half the time.

and you cant expect any kind of NFL WR to look good with a QB underthrowing/overthrowing them over half the time.
But when you're drafting Vince Young, you already know damn well that early on in his career he isn't going to put the ball right on thespot a lot of times... His learning curve was much larger than a lot of other QBs coming into the league, just as I suspect JaMarcus Russell's will be,though he's already got far better weapons than Vince does...

You put good receivers around a young QB to make things easier for the QB. Not the other way around. The weapons Tennessee has had around him are pathetic.It's the same reason Michael Vick never progressed as a passer the way people thought he should. Crappy receivers don't make that transition anyeasier.

Does VY need to be better? Yeah, he does. A lot better. He needs to make better decisions with the football in his hands and he needs to slow down in thepocket and stop making panic throws or tucking the ball and taking off at the first sign of pressure... Contrary to popular belief, he's not one of themore poised QBs in the NFL. (
laugh.gif
) But with those types of weapons, Vince Young isn't going to progress at a rapid rate in the NFL. He's just not.And most quarterbacks wouldn't succeed early in their careers with that garbage, either.
And when Kerry Collins played, he looked a LOT sharper with than VY did with the same receivers, so...
I dunno about all that.
ohwell.gif
Over the last two years,Collins' completion percentage is worse than Vince's, the big difference is just that Kerry isn't making the panic decisions and throwing ballswhere they didn't need to be thrown...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by commodity05

LOL at people taking Vince # 1 after a season where his QB rating was below 70(or right at 70) and threw 12 more picks than TD's and thought about retiring after his rookie season. He has franchise QB written all over him lol. anywat my order
who cares, he wins games. One game short of the playoffs last year... took them there this year... i could care less about his stats as long as they win games, and thats what its about.... u could throw 50 td passes and 1 INT and not make the playoffs and people will laugh at you.....vince's numbers dont jump off the page, but there is no denying he gets it done....
No Vince does not win games.
The Titans Defense wins games.
He just happens to get credit for the W's from people who really dont watch the game intently.

Vince Young was nothing short of HORRIBLE last season. HORRIBLE.

NO the weapons they got around vince young is HORRIBLE and there not even trying to get him anyhelp, he at the top of my list cuz he wins games matt shouldnt be at the top of NOBODYS list just for the fact he was put onto a team WITH 3KILLERS @ the WR spot and this fool cant even hold the starting spot
laugh.gif
your a joke if you think anything else

Originally Posted by HotSpitta26

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

1. reggie ball
2. ken dorsey
3. xavier lee
4. anthony morelli
5. joe booya ayoob

i see what you trying to do but dorsey did more in college then any name posted in this *@$*@!+ thread.....and he came out before 06

More than Leinhart???

Hell, its debateable whether he did more than Xavier Lee...

I can't put Vince at #1...

I mean, for someone who is in his 2nd year...That boy made some terrible decisions/reads
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom