What reason would a Caucasian UberEats Driver refuse to deliver to a Predominately Black neighborhoo

:lol: he's trying to say that people fear black people in general. I don't even feeling like going that far off on a tangent.

Now people are just playing stupid. We acting like white people haven't used "safety" as an excuse to perpetuate environmental racism? I guess you need to read books to get it.

Right cause it has to be about racism every single time not victim

Wait isn't turbo that ignorant racist, titanium, trykerjabs type dude....I was just about to waste my time.
roll.gif

Carry on good sir... 
laugh.gif

And anyone who originally tried to play the safety card, this is what you get...you legitimize people like him...so stop it.
Fam...is there no room for nuance, here? Safety is a legitimate thing in this world.

The fundamental questions are: to whom do we turn to guarantee our safety? And how can we ensure that "safety" does not masquerade as racial discrimination? 

Wait isn't turbo that ignorant racist, titanium, trykerjabs type dude....I was just about to waste my time.
roll.gif

Carry on good sir... 
laugh.gif

And anyone who originally tried to play the safety card, this is what you get...you legitimize people like him...so stop it.
What?  Racist? really?  

You must be related to Hand2Hand 
roll.gif

Fam...is there no room for nuance, here? Safety is a legitimate thing in this world.

The fundamental questions are: to whom do we turn to guarantee our safety? And how can we ensure that "safety" does not masquerade as racial discrimination? 

If you fear your safety why wait in a parking loy? Your now a sitting duck.

They don't want to hear all that.  If you don't see it from their pov....you're labeled  racist 
mean.gif

Switching lucky to a mom w/ kids is an interesting approach, and it does make you view it differently, but I still don't see the driver making a different decision, and that is very unfortunate.

Dude could've done a more thorough job, yes, but let's take a humanistic approach:are people lazy? Yes. Do people make rushed decisions? Yes. Dude could've been new to an area and just didn't know what spot to avoid. Op's place may be nice but the surrounding area may be sketch. Dude ain't about to drag his finger along the entire route to scope the area.

Just text him the link to this thread op.

If you fear your safety why wait in a parking loy? Your now a sitting duck.

This the part that gets me. Dude was shook so he parked up the street to wait in what was probably an empty parking lot in the dark? :lol:

When you are RATIONALIZING why someone did an immoral act, you are in fact giving them a pass
Immoral act?

- Dude was shook.
-Pizza was not delivered.

Is it really that serious?

It always "not that serious" when it didn't happen to you. I'd be pissed if a driver said "meet me at another location that's less convenient because I have a problem delivering something you paid for to your doorstep"

This the part that gets me. Dude was shook so he parked up the street to wait in what was probably an empty parking lot in the dark?
laugh.gif
I can't call it. I don't know what dude was thinking. 

What I'm trying to encourage Lucky to do is to explore how the decisions of an individual driver flows from structural racism and corporate policy. 

Real life. I legit want to see what the driver saw.
You're frontin'. Why not just say what you really mean:

"Even if those neighborhoods are the product of systemic racism, the conditions of the neighborhood, mixed with anti-blackness, are plausible reasons for denying service." 

It always "not that serious" when it didn't happen to you. I'd be pissed if a driver said "meet me at another location that's less convenient because I have a problem delivering something you paid for to your doorstep"
I'd be pissed too.....then I'd never use the service again.  Why give them another dollar ever again?

"I want to think objectively and explore different perspectives of a controversial situation, and won't take sides based on shock value and the thread title" = caping on NT.

Real life. I legit want to see what the driver saw.
You're frontin'. Why not just say what you really mean:

"Even if those neighborhoods are the product of systemic racism, the conditions of the neighborhood, mixed with anti-blackness, are plausible reasons for denying service." 

we sleep though.

the entire point is so you don't have to leave your house, Luck could have went and got his own food for that **** :lol:

Switching lucky to a mom w/ kids is an interesting approach, and it does make you view it differently, but I still don't see the driver making a different decision, and that is very unfortunate.
Nah, that was fkr dude who said, "The situation isn't serious. It is just pizza."

Back
Top Bottom