What reason would a Caucasian UberEats Driver refuse to deliver to a Predominately Black neighborhoo

This the part that gets me. Dude was shook so he parked up the street to wait in what was probably an empty parking lot in the dark?
laugh.gif

And I want to say this and I'm done: it ain't BLACK PEOPLE that he's avoiding, it's PEOPLE THAT ARE UP TO SOMETHING that (based on the location) just happen to be black. Dude would deliver to Morehouse campus with no issue I'm sure.

Cats are in here acting like grimey stuff doesn't pop off in the hood. And I know yall are playing dumb just to prove a point.

As I said earlier, they're looking out for number one, and in some situations, that may hurt some feelings.

@dc, yeah, I just wanted to address that point b/c it did make me look at it differently.

Switching lucky to a mom w/ kids is an interesting approach, and it does make you view it differently, but I still don't see the driver making a different decision, and that is very unfortunate.

Dude could've done a more thorough job, yes, but let's take a humanistic approach:are people lazy? Yes. Do people make rushed decisions? Yes. Dude could've been new to an area and just didn't know what spot to avoid. Op's place may be nice but the surrounding area may be sketch. Dude ain't about to drag his finger along the entire route to scope the area.

Just text him the link to this thread op.

Why does my appearence matter? The sriver refused to come to my home tk even see how I looked.

And I want to say this and I'm done: it ain't BLACK PEOPLE that he's avoiding, it's PEOPLE THAT ARE UP TO SOMETHING that (based on the location) just happen to be black. Dude would deliver to Morehouse campus with no issue I'm sure.

Cats are in here acting like grimey stuff doesn't pop off in the hood. And I know yall are playing dumb just to prove a point.

As I said earlier, they're looking out for number one, and in some situations, that may hurt some feelings.

This is common sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if that driver would have avoided my area...people have been shot and killed on my street.

@dc, yeah, I just wanted to address that point b/c it did make me look at it differently.
Stuff happens.

But again, if the potential of that stuff is going to cause YOU to reguse service, TAKE ANOTHET JOB

Stuff happens.

But again, if the potential of that stuff is going to cause YOU to reguse service, TAKE ANOTHET JOB

Again, that sounds good in theory, but it's not easy to just 'get another job'. Millions of people work jobs that they a) don't like or b) aren't good at. Yall looking at this situation like this is a perfect world :lol: I get that you should EXPECT a certain service, but yall are appalled by things that aren't even that surprising.

Again, that sounds good in theory, but it's not easy to just 'get another job'. Millions of people work jobs that they a) don't like or b) aren't good at. Yall looking at this situation like this is a perfect world :lol: I get that you should EXPECT a certain service, but yall are appalled by things that aren't even that surprising.
Not appalled

Just saying folks have to do better man

I get it man.

This thread reminds me a lot of the thread where a black guy walked into a shoe store and the sales rep approached him and said 'I'm sorry we don't sale basketball shoes'. Cats were in there saying it's not that serious, then the critical thinkers rushed in to prove how wrong the associate was.

Edit: found it :lol: some cats in this thread are in that one as well.

http://niketalk.com/t/320137/racist...nt-react-at-all-vol-you-dont-know-me-fam/0_20

Last edited:
in an imperfect world you cant even get a damn pizza without the damn delivery boy being racist

Lol why are people ignoring that uner drivers can screen addresses? Imagine the same scneario if the was carrying someone and saw where they lived and then refused to take them home?

Then you have hoopercoon talking about Im a big black man when the uber driver literally never saw me or knows how I look. What does my size have to do with anythinf and why should a non big black man be served and not me?

I get it man.

This thread reminds me a lot of the thread where a black guy walked into a shoe store and the sales rep approached him and said 'I'm sorry we don't sale basketball shoes'. Cats were in there saying it's not that serious, then the critical thinkers rushed in to prove how wrong the associate was.
This is different though.  This is just some super soft shook uber driver who half assed his duty to deliver.  It's painfully obvious he was scared.

Dude you sound like a clown now. I brought up your appearance to say that you don't look like a target in your hood so you won't have the same perspective as him.

I hope son enjoyed eating your meal :lol:

Last edited:
Dude you sound like a clown now. I brought up your appearance to say that you don't look like a target in your hood so you won't have the same perspective as him.

I hope son enjoyed eating your meal :lol:

Kids walk around my "hood" and white people jog through my "hood". My "hood" is full of hard working people. Doesnt matter if I was a ******, you are implying people in my community are predators and I am only safe because Im "big and black".

someone made the point of conditions in the "hood" being by design

i think its a cogent and salient point

Back
Top Bottom