What reason would a Caucasian UberEats Driver refuse to deliver to a Predominately Black neighborhoo

I'm glad Uber somewhat tried to make it right. I haven't had the best of luck with UberEats as most of my food gets left at the restaurant either because the driver didn't grab a second bag or the restaurant didn't give the driver the second bag.

I have had little issues with them forgetting a small item but Uber always fixes it. The bigger issue though is how they handle the driver. At the end of the day, people are going to discriminate, but screening addresses (while still wrong) is one thing, because the customer has not been involved, but once you accept a delivery/ride you are now impacting the customer.

I hear in Chicago though that Uber placed an update because many drivers refused to go to certain parts of town. Thing is Chicago is an anomaly, and you have that double edge sword where is it a good persons fault they cant afford to just get up and move? Especially if you know the history of housing in America especially in Chicago, you cant just say "well I wouldnt go there either", if thats the case dont sign up for the job.

Do UPS drivers or Post Office drivers get to pick and choose where they deliver?

Yeah even when you factor gas to going to certain places, or just saving time that you can use doing something else there is a value there.
You keep saying it is saving you gas.

WHERE on earth are you driving that costs 3-5 dollars worth of gas man :lol:

You keep saying it is saving you gas.

WHERE on earth are you driving that costs 3-5 dollars worth of gas man :lol:

City driving is terrible for non hybrids lol. The gas part depends on the restaurant, the other stuff more so deals with time. If I`m on the way home and my girl is too and she doesnt feel like cooking and I dont feel like going to the store I Uber Eats on my way home and by the time one of us get their the food is usually 5-10 min on the way.

City driving is terrible for non hybrids lol. The gas part depends on the restaurant, the other stuff more so deals with time. If I`m on the way home and my girl is too and she doesnt feel like cooking and I dont feel like going to the store I Uber Eats on my way home and by the time one of us get their the food is usually 5-10 min on the way.
I feel you on the time but the gas issue isn't an issue. I doubt you are driving 20+ miles to get some food man

I feel you on the time but the gas issue isn't an issue. I doubt you are driving 20+ miles to get some food man
city driving kills your MPG though that is fact, on top of that ATL traffic is terrible. With Uber Eats I can order in advance have not have to worrying about fighting traffic from work to get my food and then fighting traffic to get home.

expecting customer service from uber.....

:lol: :lol:

next thing you gonna want a customer service rep to give you a call when tinder swipes left when it was supposed to swipe right

:rofl: Crine.
And before cats get amped up, no this isn't an accurate analogy, but I 100% get where he's coming from.

LOL 
roll.gif

OK this is what it boils down to: YES it's a paid service and you are fully justified for expecting it to be done properly.....

However, from a realistic aspect, this is a part time job that requires little to no training and a quick background check, and the service is like 5 bucks and dude could've been zooted for all we know :lol: Yall cats wanted the driver to handle this situation with the etiquette and professionalism of a 5 star transportation service.

I would EXPECT services to be done correctly but considering the type of service, I'm not surprised if something bizarre happened.

I see they shot you $30 along with the automated response.

Last edited:
OK this is what it boils down to: YES it's a paid service and you are fully justified for expecting it to be done properly.....

However, from a realistic aspect, this is a part time job that requires little to no training and a quick background check, and the service is like 5 bucks and dude could've been zooted for all we know :lol: Yall cats wanted the driver to handle this situation with the etiquette and professionalism of a 5 star transportation service.

I would EXPECT services to be done correctly but considering the type of service, I'm not surprised if something bizarre happened.

Lol this man is still caping and giving every reason other than discrimination.

Still at it huh [emoji]128580[/emoji]

However, from a realistic aspect, this is a part time job that requires little to no training and a quick background check, and the service is like 5 bucks and dude could've been zooted for all we know
laugh.gif
Yall cats wanted the driver to handle this situation with the etiquette and professionalism of a 5 star transportation service.

what are your cross streets?

what did the driver see that scared him?

He had your address beforehand... he could have cancelled the request if he had something against the side of town you are in

something he saw along his route got him shook... I want to know what that was

Last edited:

He had your address beforehand... he could have cancelled the request if he had something against the side of town you are in

Probably minorities

However, from a realistic aspect, this is a part time job that requires little to no training and a quick background check, and the service is like 5 bucks and dude could've been zooted for all we know
laugh.gif
Yall cats wanted the driver to handle this situation with the etiquette and professionalism of a 5 star transportation service.

Probably minorities
dude lives in atlanta...

that driver would be cancelling deliveries nonstop if it was an issue just seeing minorities...

I woulda been tight not because he didn't want to deliver to the address but because of the time wasted. I woulda went ham for that credit . And move on.

I've done ubereats without a car. Yes technically you can see where the food is being delivered to but it just shows the resteraunt that you have to pick up the food from at first, in order to see the final destination you would have to find it in the menus.
And sometimes it will be some ridiculous situation where the restaurant is an hour away and the person is across the street from the restaurant. Not a perfect system. As for the delivery man dubbing your order he was probably scared of your area but didnt wanna lose the money from the delivery

Back
Top Bottom