~~| What Should Lebron Do? Vol. New Nike Commercial

pimp.gif

I didn't get a sense of looking for sympathy or for a portrayal of a villain. They made a joke about being a villain right in the commercial.

I took it as, 'I made the decision I felt was best for ME..that's it. Take it or leave it.'

I didn't get a sense of looking for sympathy or for a portrayal of a villain. They made a joke about being a villain right in the commercial.

I took it as, 'I made the decision I felt was best for ME..that's it. Take it or leave it.'

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Are you all SERIOUSLY questioning why Lebron wouldn't call out Mike in a Nike commercial? Really?

I'm not questioning why he didn't call out Mike from a marketing standpoint.  My point is still true that it was a %%$@@ move on his part and Nike's though in this commercial.  Chuck said pretty much the same thing that Mike, Magic and Bird but yet all Lebron wants to do is focus in on Chuck's comments and use that to "fire him up".......as if he really needs that to get him hyped to play ball.  It's easy to go after Charles cause he's seen on TV alot during the season because of TNT, and most people see him as a funny guy.  People take for granted that he's a HOF'er and one of the best to play the game, especially at his position.  Going after Charles is going after an easy target, if you really want to be bold Lebron just go after the rest of the folks that talked about you as well.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Are you all SERIOUSLY questioning why Lebron wouldn't call out Mike in a Nike commercial? Really?

of course not. but it's funny he only called out the easy target.
chuck commenting tomorrow should be funny

Originally Posted by DubA169

of course not. but it's funny he only called out the easy target.
chuck commenting tomorrow should be funny

I'm not questioning why he didn't call out Mike from a marketing standpoint.  My point is still true that it was a %%$@@ move on his part and Nike's though in this commercial.  Chuck said pretty much the same thing that Mike, Magic and Bird but yet all Lebron wants to do is focus in on Chuck's comments and use that to "fire him up".......as if he really needs that to get him hyped to play ball.  It's easy to go after Charles cause he's seen on TV alot during the season because of TNT, and most people see him as a funny guy.  People take for granted that he's a HOF'er and one of the best to play the game, especially at his position.  Going after Charles is going after an easy target, if you really want to be bold Lebron just go after the rest of the folks that talked about you as well.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

How long are they gonna keep up this whole "Villian...Me Against The World....Everyone hates me" $%#@**!!?

For a while, while people *+$* talk, hate on Miami, and what he did. The Heat are gonna be that team that everyone loves to hate, just like the Yankees, Cowboys, and Duke Basketball.

Love the hate
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Chuck said pretty much the same thing that Mike, Magic and Bird
MJ, Magic, and Bird just said they wouldn't have teamed up with another superstar. Charles took it to another level calling Lebron a punk, etc...not quite the same thing.

MJ, Magic, and Bird just said they wouldn't have teamed up with another superstar. Charles took it to another level calling Lebron a punk, etc...not quite the same thing.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

How long are they gonna keep up this whole "Villian...Me Against The World....Everyone hates me" $%#@**!!?

For a while, while people *+$* talk, hate on Miami, and what he did. The Heat are gonna be that team that everyone loves to hate, just like the Yankees, Cowboys, and Duke Basketball.

Love the hate
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

This. Ill take it but at the same time alot of stuff said in the commercial will still happen to sum degree.
In sum circles(Hardcore NBA fans, Ohio) his legacy will remain tarnished....cool vid/dope message in the grand scheme of things...but Chucks still right
wink.gif

This. Ill take it but at the same time alot of stuff said in the commercial will still happen to sum degree.
In sum circles(Hardcore NBA fans, Ohio) his legacy will remain tarnished....cool vid/dope message in the grand scheme of things...but Chucks still right
wink.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If the shoe fits, wear it.  From his twitter messages a few days ago to this commercial..............all signs of a punk.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If the shoe fits, wear it.  From his twitter messages a few days ago to this commercial..............all signs of a punk.

This. Thought it was very well played. One of the better commercials in his catalog. Still not gonna get anybody to buy them ugly !!# shoes tho...

And this isn't the first time a LeBron commercial has taken a shot at Barkley. They named a fat fish or sometthing "Chuck" in the commercial with the girl from the Pussycat Dolls....seems like a running gag or something.

+%+* how Charles feels about it anyway. The passes that man gets is
30t6p3b.gif

This. Thought it was very well played. One of the better commercials in his catalog. Still not gonna get anybody to buy them ugly !!# shoes tho...

And this isn't the first time a LeBron commercial has taken a shot at Barkley. They named a fat fish or sometthing "Chuck" in the commercial with the girl from the Pussycat Dolls....seems like a running gag or something.

+%+* how Charles feels about it anyway. The passes that man gets is
30t6p3b.gif

You have to be extremely naive to believe that part of Nike's goal with this ad wasn't a sympathetic angle.

Extremely naive.

"should i not listen to my friends? they're my friends" 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
how about having a mind of your own?

but i can't lie nike did an amazing job with that. there were only so many directions they could take it.
1.make him out to be a noble, all about the team, all about winning
2.go all out super villain.
3. this is my decision and i was allowed to make it. i did what's best for me. (which they picked)

if they kept up the chosen one/king angle it would have backfired

"should i not listen to my friends? they're my friends" 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
how about having a mind of your own?

but i can't lie nike did an amazing job with that. there were only so many directions they could take it.
1.make him out to be a noble, all about the team, all about winning
2.go all out super villain.
3. this is my decision and i was allowed to make it. i did what's best for me. (which they picked)

if they kept up the chosen one/king angle it would have backfired

You have to be extremely naive to believe that part of Nike's goal with this ad wasn't a sympathetic angle.

Extremely naive.

Back
Top Bottom