What sneaker made you become a Sneakerhead?

coming from the bay area... ALL my cousins had this joint, but being the youngest i was outta luck. Been hooked with nikes since then.
01_46286.JPG

OG Columbia XI's, being from NC, when i laid eyes on them i knew i would be a sneaker head for life.

the white and green 14 but i didn't get them but that's what made me start going crazy over jays

Originally Posted by jwalker123

the white and green 14 but i didn't get them but that's what made me start going crazy over jays
Damn bro how old are you?

Mayne I always had a passion for kicks since I can remember, but my parents were not about spending $80-90+ on a shoe nah it just didn't go down like that.One day we was out of town in the mall, that is when I seen em I was like please can I get em. After like 30 mins of complete nagging they gave in andUhhhhhhh!!!
pimp.gif
i laced em up soon as we got in the car and tried em on soonas I got home ready to kill em!!!! oh yeah they were these:
Air-Raid-II-Team-766732.jpg

white/blue air jordan 18. i was in 5th grade. Made me fall in love w/ kicks. mom said she would not pay that much for shoes. i almost bought some fakes just toown the shoe.

My cousin used to have these and once I laid eyes on them, I knew I had to have them. Took me a while to save up for them (I was probably 10-11, saving up frommowing lawns and allowance) but finally got them and wore them to the ground. I was looking to buy them again for the longest time and finally found a pair afew years ago from when they retroed in the UK. Needless to say, a personal grail of mine that, for me, epitomizes freshness.

Adidas Superstar I
smokin.gif

AS1.jpg

Started a few years back when I got these xviii's as a birthday present. I saw them at the nike outlet and just fell in love immediatley. My pops got thema little big so I could grow into them. I wore these shoes everywhere.
zv69dv.jpg

The True Blue III's....was the first pair I wore back in 88/89!
Played ball in them my senior year in high school....
pimp.gif

tmac2_front_motion_400.jpg

this lead me to the adidas basketball website. the adidas site led me to kicksology. kicksology and prof k led me to nt

It's kind of hard to pinpoint which shoe made me a "sneakerhead" ....my first decent pair was the black/Infrared VI (the first pair of shoes thatcost me over £100!) But I think it was more about the culture, advertising & peer pressure that I grew up in that made me into a wierdo....sneakerhead.

Growing up as a teenager in the mid-late '80s -early '90s was pretty much the golden era of sneaker advertising, from Nikes to Reebok Pumps &Brittish Knights. The growing influence of hip-hop was also an influence to me as an impressionable youngster.
Although I couldn't afford most of the shoes I wanted, I always loved the whole "street culture" of wearing high top basketball shoes for fashioneven though B-ball wasn't very popular here in the UK (not until the Barcelona Olympics anyway) But I always had a love affair for Nikes, BKs, Filas &Rbk Pumps in particular.

�����

06:10 -Here's a classic scene that I think most sneakerheads of the early 90s can relate to, like I said, it wasn't necessarily a particular shoe thatinfluenced me but more the culture of the times.
It was all about "looking fly" & wearing a fresh pair of kicks to impress the ladies!
wink.gif

Like my man Fresh Prince said.... "yeah, I got on sneaks, but I need a new pair ...'cuz basketball courts in the summer got girlsthere!"��
pimp.gif

OG white and red 14's. that was my first pair after that i only wanted jordans nothing else. I'd rather have 1 pair of jordans then 50 pairs ofanything else

Started to gain interest in '89.

Then this happened.......

10giixt.jpg

Bought them brand new from Foot Locker.

The rest is history.

I never had a pair of the original Air Revolution back in 1988, but this is the shoe that made me start paying attention to sneakers and design and technology.
AirRevolution.jpg

The Air Trainer SC High is the first pair of signature shoes that I ever owned back when I was 14 years old in 1990. I wore them until there was nothing left. Bought 3 pairs of the 98 retros. And just got a pair of the 2009 retros. (not too thrilled about the poor quality of the 2009 retros though)
trainer21.jpg

citrus 7s from 06, those were my first real jordans. I remember I all I wanted was a pair of Jays and I gathered all of my birthday money to buy some. I wentto the mall and was debating between the white/black/red 14s and the pure money 4s. Then the lady at footlocker pointed out the Citrus's which had justdropped that week. From that point on I feel in love. I tore it up on the court in them and styled with them as well. Those had me hooked! I remeber everynight I'd look at the retro card trying to figure out which Jordans I wanted next.

A pair of all white high-top PRO-KEDS.

I remember putting them on the dresser/bed & just staring @ them.

citrus 7s from 06, those were my first real jordans. I remember I all I wanted was a pair of Jays and I gathered all of my birthday money to buy some. I wentto the mall and was debating between the white/black/red 14s and the pure money 4s. Then the lady at footlocker pointed out the Citrus's which had justdropped that week. From that point on I feel in love. I tore it up on the court in them and styled with them as well. Those had me hooked! I remeber everynight I'd look at the retro card trying to figure out which Jordans I wanted next.

Tore up the court and styled, u mean u tore them up on the court and you have no style

Back
Top Bottom