What sneaker made you become a Sneakerhead?

Originally Posted by ndallasc7

citrus 7s from 06, those were my first real jordans. I remember I all I wanted was a pair of Jays and I gathered all of my birthday money to buy some. I went to the mall and was debating between the white/black/red 14s and the pure money 4s. Then the lady at footlocker pointed out the Citrus's which had just dropped that week. From that point on I feel in love. I tore it up on the court in them and styled with them as well. Those had me hooked! I remeber every night I'd look at the retro card trying to figure out which Jordans I wanted next.

Tore up the court and styled, u mean u tore them up on the court and you have no style
um do you know me? back then all I could afford was one pair of kicks so I wore the same pair everywhere cuz i cleaned em often. Besides arent youthat clown who made that useless thread about "when are the next 4s coming out"?! if your not gona contribute to the topic then ****
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ndallasc7

citrus 7s from 06, those were my first real jordans. I remember I all I wanted was a pair of Jays and I gathered all of my birthday money to buy some. I went to the mall and was debating between the white/black/red 14s and the pure money 4s. Then the lady at footlocker pointed out the Citrus's which had just dropped that week. From that point on I feel in love. I tore it up on the court in them and styled with them as well. Those had me hooked! I remeber every night I'd look at the retro card trying to figure out which Jordans I wanted next.

Tore up the court and styled, u mean u tore them up on the court and you have no style
If you NEED to do this, then find the quote button homey
laugh.gif

neon polkasquare air stabs, hence the name. saw them 'round late 2007 and had my pops (RIP) buy them for me. Since then, ive been getting my Jordan gameright with Nike Basketball as the next focus after Jordans. Sneakers are a big part of my life now

OG Jordan VIIIs....playoffs...

man i wanted them so bad but my mom wouldnt go over her $30 sneaker budget. but i finally got them on sale for exactly $30!!!

slick

The sneakers that turned me were All-Star LeBron 3s, 2000 Metallic & Laney Jordan Vs, my stash wannabe Air Max 90 IDs and Infrared 90s. I got those 5 allwithin a couple month of each other and thats when I realized I was hooked. I started buying a new pair of sneakers every week at that point, buying older andrarer sneakers.

My old pics of them
170615404.jpg
170615398.jpg

170615467.jpg
170615458.jpg

170621504.jpg

These did it for me also...

Moms told me she couldn't get them for me after basketball practice, then made me put some stuff in the trunk of her car and there they were. Wore themuntil they had holes in the bottom, and moved and lost them.

What really got me started was watching my cousin back in the mid to late 90's. It seems like he never missed one hot release. I distictly remember when hehad the royal blue foamposite one penny's in '97. I think that's what did it for me...

This was the first shoe I thought was beautiful back in the early 90's. I played basketball, baseball, and soccer in them. lol
6f44zb.jpg

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Real Talk, the 2004 Air Jordan II Black/Chrome.. they were my first Jordans that my father bought me and I cherished them got 3 pairs.

i was jusssst finna say that too, family.... first pair i ever dunked in... AAU summer 05...

i am SOOOO lookin for these dead stocked once the holiday season is up...

from then on, i was like, "i gotta get on my j game..."

I got started by watching my cousin back in the mid to late 90s. I remember when he had the royal blue foamposite pennys back in '97. I was like #** arethose... I think this is the shoe that got me hooked... Ironically I have yet to own a pair... Lol

My bad for telling the same story twice I did know the first one went through from earlier. My computer was acting crazy. My fault yall :smile:

First time i saw the Jordan V i was hooked on jordans....but technically dunk his were my first love into shoes

Everybody in NYC was into sneakers so it would be a norm for me. I was already deeply into sneaker before I even recognized the term "sneakerhead"
laugh.gif

For me it was the OG "Hare" VII. Man I love those kicks, I think I was in 3rd grade when they dropped.

Black/white and Navy/white Puma Suede's in the late 90's

This is the 1st shoe that I fell in love with. I bought them on release day from a local FootLocker, and I still have them to this day.

I would have to give credit to white/white AF1 lows and white/white AF1 mids which sparked my Nike love.

Alphanumeric lightning Pro B Hyperstrike circa 01 was it? That just added fuel to the fire as I was CRAZY over Alpha stuff at the time.

Then came the white/cement Jordan III retro in 03.

-Jermaine

Jordan VI. I not a complete sneaker head, but I do respect them and I consider myself a part of the culture.

Back
Top Bottom