What sneaker made you become a Sneakerhead?

tb3s
happy.gif

a pair of og XV black which sadly i beat to death, my 1st J's. A pair of white chrome 4's got me started
happy.gif

First shoe I ever took REAL notice of was the OG black metallic Air Jordan V...and I think that specific colorway left a lasting impression on me as far aslove for sneakers...

Then my love affair grew for the black infrared Air Jordan VI's...never got them though.
frown.gif
...But I did finally get my first pair of Jordans in 92...OG kidsized (at the time) Bordeaux Air Jordan VII's...followed shortly by a pair of the Hares...

But I would imagine it really started with my fascination with the Air Jordan V.
pimp.gif

I grew up wearing all types of kicks, but I'd have to go with the Jordan VIII "Playoffs"

Love at first site and still feel the same way about them till this day

1988 nike solo flight, thats the shoe that got me officially hooked, it was something about the script on the tongue and plastics on the shoe

Spacejams, as soon as I saw the movie I knew I had to have them. 5 years later my dream came true.
happy.gif

My flint 13's and metalic 5's did the job for me. Still have them till today. I haven't stopped collecting and won't till I'm jobless.LOL

Well for the fact that my parents didn't want 2 spend more then 60bucks on some sneakers so when I started workin I just started buyin sneaker I never hadand wanted but the 1 I really wanted the the bred 12's and now I have em og's @ that lol

im not a sneakerhead but i like sneakers because of the weapons comercials in the 80's with magic and bird. What is a sneakerhead? How do you become one?Who is more of a sneakerhead then lets say another person who alsio thinks he or she is a sneakerhead? Labelling kills the individuality out of such a simplething. Buuilds it up and leads it to what its has become now.

^ it is what it is man. If you love sneakers and actually have a reason as to why you love them then you are classified. Just because you buy alot of shoesdoesn't make you a head. I don't believe the individuality is taken out of the game. It may be watered down but, not taken out. No one is really moreof a sneakerhead than anyone else. That's what makes us who we are. The fact that we don't have to compete is what makes it all worth while.

Originally Posted by sneakerphile42

^ it is what it is man. If you love sneakers and actually have a reason as to why you love them then you are classified. Just because you buy alot of shoes doesn't make you a head. I don't believe the individuality is taken out of the game. It may be watered down but, not taken out. No one is really more of a sneakerhead than anyone else. That's what makes us who we are. The fact that we don't have to compete is what makes it all worth while.
being a sneakerhead is like being a "PEZ head" or a "beanie baby head". how about just liking shoes. What happend to that? idisagree. I love shoes but i would never classify myself or let anyone else say im some mook "sneakerhead". It makes it childish and aids competitionand all thats bad in this industry. I agree no one is more of a sneaker head than anyone else. I have a lot of shoes. I am no better than the guy with 1 pair.And if you think there isnt competition going on here and at actual sneaker summit/sneaker stroke/sneaker shows you need to realize thats what its become. Theshoe has unfortunately made the person now. I still make my shoe. I hope the rest of you do. I dont need a shoe to make me. I wear the NBs i have on my blogbanner and you have some limited quick-ultra-strike-1 of 1 pair and its all the same to me. Things are over valued. The term "sneakerhead" aids thestagnant , dull market. It enables the brands to put out absolute crap with cheap materials because "sneakerheads" will buy anything they are told tobuy. "sneakerheads make themselves be something that they dont need to be. Why announce yourself and label yourself. Just like shos, wear em, save em,sell em, burn em.
Look whats for sael on ebay, look what everyone wants in their sig, look at what people wear at those sneaker stroke shows. Look at what people sell at thoseshows. Its like they stopped cloning animals and cloned people who like shoes. Same outfits, brands, and shoes.. I know im generalizing but really am I???
What does make u a head? because you like shoes? See right there you are already having a superior mindset over someon else who bys the saems tuff you do andlike the saem stuff you do. So wht arent they a "head" vs. you who is? Not attacking. Just wondering. I like dialogue and communication. Nothingwrong with that. Its never personal. Its just shoes. We have made them larger than life. And im glad because im getting paid for the end result of thesneakerhead.

Vick 2s were my first ever shoes I knew anything about. When I read up on Lebron 2s I was hooked and since my Black/reds, its been all about sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom