What used car to buy with $10,000?

Why is everyone's choices luxury vehicles?

what's your financial income and age?

if you just looking for a side whip, hell cop a Bentley with 600k miles...

but if you want some cheap reliable transportation that will last and allow you to stack chips, bite the bullet and cop something chance and can be fixed easily... Impala or Toyota Camry...

I'm partial to impalas because I have one and it haven't had any troubles with it, and I'm closing in on 10100k...

cheap oil changes, cheap parts, and gets me from a to b... It also allows me to pay all my bills and plan to cop something dope in 2014...

like a challenger... With da hemi..

rt with da manual transmission. :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Luxury cars usually look good despite their age.

Bought a 95 Lexus SC300 5-spd for 9k in 2004. It had 93k and I took it to 183k.

If you keep it clean and take care of it, the car looks great. I used to get compliments all the time. Or people were being nice.

Plus it helped that the SC430 was :x

Finally gave it to my dad and he is rocking it now. Having issues with the power steering, but I just counted it as a my arm workout for the day.

Last edited:
If you're thinking about a TSX, my friend bought an '05 TSX wih 90k miles for $13k
sick.gif
.  He got too impatient and wanted something "nice."  I kid you not when I say every week there's something wrong with it, a good amount of his paycheck goes to repairs and he bought it with a warranty, although it wasn't certified pre-owned
mean.gif
.  I'm not sure how TLs hold up, but I would just stick with a Toyota or Honda if I was you.  Maintenance will be cheap and the Camry SEs and Accords aren't bad looking either plus it will last you until you can upgrade...

Everyone does seem to be suggesting old luxury cars.
Makes more sense to get a Honda with 30-50k miles than a Acura or w/e with close to 100k..
You will have problems with any car that's pushing that much mileage.
You need something reliable..I understand wanting something nice.. But that'll come in the future.
Especially if this is your first car.

Everyone does seem to be suggesting old luxury cars.
Makes more sense to get a Honda with 30-50k miles than a Acura or w/e with close to 100k..
You will have problems with any car that's pushing that much mileage.
You need something reliable..I understand wanting something nice.. But that'll come in the future.
Especially if this is your first car.

Just get a Volvo. LPT or HPT and their reliable as all ****. I have a '03 s40, just hit 160k with no major OR minor problems outside of oil changes and brakes. My lexus (from '03 also) gave out at 130k,

Just go european

LS400 or LS430. All dat luxury.
pimp.gif
this, or get a GS400 or GS430, people are hitting 200,000 miles and still running smooth. It's how you take care of your car and maintain it. I would stay away from Euro cars because when s*** hits the fan, its expensive for parts and labor

Just get a Volvo. LPT or HPT and their reliable as all ****. I have a '03 s40, just hit 160k with no major OR minor problems outside of oil changes and brakes. My lexus (from '03 also) gave out at 130k,

Just go european
Get a pre-2000 Volvo. Anything after that is no where near the quality of when they were truly swedish and before they were sold to Ford. 

Don't get me wrong, the TL is a nice car and all.....BUT, you represent NT now. It's gotta at least be a e46 M3....

Can't believe cats was really telling this guy to cop a luxury whip w/ 150k + miles ..

Y'all take branding waaay to far.

Infiniti G35 - Reliable, sporty, nice looking....definitely in your price range
Toyota Camry/Corolla - if you need a sedan, these are both very reliable choices

looking at 2010 accords myself..best bang for buck in research i have done...cheap parts can be found in any junkyard and maintenance isnt that much provided you have a well working vehicle to start out with...if you want luxury be prepared to kick out if something bad happens...most important part of buying a car is staying in your lane...dont get in over ya head

2008-2011 Chevy Malibu. I currently own a 2008. Spacious inside and also a 4cyl so amazing on gas. Cant hate on it too much. Personally only thing I woulda wished it was RWD and I wish I woulda opt'd for the leather interior. But I just paid it off and just enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom