eminem n dre cosign
shot nine times?
grin.gif

jarule beef?
tongue.gif

perfect timing?
mixtapes?
grind+hustle
what do u guys think was the biggest part of 50's success in the beginning stages of his career?

For me it was kickin Ja Rule out the game. I never seen a dude get clowned for doin somethin(singin) n then immediately stop for the most part n try to switchup to there old ways. Then In Da Club was the peak of all that shhh, then his mixtapes good n funny n all these battles/beefs he would start n take Ls from. Tome it got to the point where it was who is he gonna diss next so that person can lyrically destroy him. Good times
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

dre's beats(wanksta
eek.gif
)
eminem n dre cosign
perfect timing?
mixtapes?

Those four things are what did it for him. He had the street cred because of his mixtapes for all those years and having Em on his side got the mainstreamcrowd so he had the best of both worlds. Add a Dre beat, it's a wrap.

Now as for where he went wrong, he was just over-saturated.

random diss-esq punchlines on "how to rob"
thats how i remembered his name, he really had a list of cats he dissed

In the 90s I just knew him as the chubby dude that was always in The Source. Never thought I'd see him blow up like he did

I have a love/hate metality when it comes to this cat.

His music is for the most part wack, but at the same time he's straight comedy. I do like Poor Lil Rich though, that songs fresh.

Winner...the Ja beef easy..

50 made the blueprint to how some up and come rappers try to get shine by dissing more mainstream artists

and it worked so well...

He wasn't shot 9 times like he claimed, he was shot 3 times. He was shot AT 9 times...
Oh, and Wanksta wasn't a Dre beat. That song was made BEFORE he was signed to Aftermath.

It's his image. He's one of the few rappers that look like they've done what they say they do and have the record to prove it. And his interviewsare always interesting

White kids started listening to rap.
that too

but it was mainly dissing top cats in the game...namely Ja Rule...dude got his spot taken...and 50 did the same exact$#@! Ja was doing...the Em cosign made itcool cuz Em was selling great as well...then MTV pumpin In The Club...

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

was it ....
dre's beats(wanksta
eek.gif
)
eminem n dre cosign
shot nine times?
grin.gif
From a marketing standpoint, that was GOLD and media ate it up. When suburban white kids co-sign your street cred, you KNOW you about to get paid.
laugh.gif

jarule beef?
tongue.gif
Beefing w/ the "top" artist at the time = exposure
perfect timing?
mixtapes? Without the mixtapes, he doesn't get signed and the beef w/ Ja would've been less relevant.
grind+hustle
what do u guys think was the biggest part of 50's success in the beginning stages of his career?

It was a combo of those 3 and In Da Club.

No ONE thing propelled him to the stratosphere tho.

it def. was when he merked ja, they did him so dirty

no one would listen to anything ja put out after that
roll.gif
it was acutally sad how he merked murder inc, by himself

Back
Top Bottom