What would you do? eBay buyer requesting refund from me.

I recently sold a pair of OG Aqua VIIIs on eBay. Their condition was beyond bad, and I adequately stated that in the auction. I looked over every nook and cranny of the shoes and listed each defect in the description. Here's the link to the auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251047562422?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

I shipped the shoes to the buyer on Monday and he received them today and already left me positive feedback. However, a little while ago he emailed me and said he would like a refund because "the sole of the right shoe is completely torn off in the back, which was not described in the description at all." I'm 1000% sure that when the shoes left my house the sole was still attached. The only thing I can think of is that it had to have come off during shipping, or that while he was inspecting the already fragile shoe he somehow tore the sole off himself. I know it's only around $30, but I'm not too fond of refunding the money for something that wasn't my fault. What would you do if you were in my situation? 
ohwell.gif

What did he expect buying come crunchy shoes. Minus whale just finish the bum outfit and rock some dude's used underwear.

Originally Posted by bhergh

wait so the shoes costed him ~$60 with shipping?
Correct. Shipping cost me around $18 (Priority mail, insured, signature confirmation). The extra $15 helped me recoup some of the PayPal and eBay fees.
And Frank, that's sort of how I feel too. Even if I knew about and decided not to mention the sole in the description (again, it was still attached when they were in my possession), he still knew how bad the condition the shoes were in so I'm not sure why he's trying to get a refund for one more defect when the shoes already had plenty of them.

he prob put them on and played a 5 on 5 what was he really looking to get out of the shoes they are obviously beat and thats why he got them for 30 dollars.

You are not obliged to do anything -he has left you positive feedback, as far as ebay is concerned that is the end of the matter -a case can't be opened against you after he has left feedback.

Besides, Your listing was clear and informative and you stated clearly that should anyone have any questions or require more pics, you would be happy to oblige. It was on him to request more info if he wasn't satisfied with the details of your listing.

But I see this is happening more and more these days, these kids buy a pair of battered OGs just so they can look cool in front of their friends ...but once they realize they have just wasted X amount on a crumbled old pair of shoes that they can neither wear or even display, they get mad and start demanding refunds.

...serves him right.

eek.gif
he probably could file a isnad however you should have added the description that you are not responsible for any damage incurred during shipping or handling. i would have added a little more protection like styrofoam or the peanuts or those airbags, cuz afterall you did charge $30 for shipping? at this point unless he files isnad the most i would give back is the winning bid price he got it for in this case.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

indifferent.gif
@ 30 dollars shipping. scumbag

Shipping a pair of shoes usually costs a little over 20 bucks after a box (assuming he double boxed)

I hate those dudes who expect shipping to be like 5 bucks

30 is alot though, you must have charged him for gas or something

Ask him to tell you how they fell apart, did he walk in them and they did that, or did they do it straight out of the box . . .

Leave it to NTers to find the most minute detail that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and decide that that's what they wanna discuss instead
30t6p3b.gif
. I charge $30 for shipping because it usually costs me around $20 to ship sneakers and the remaining money helps me recoup the eBay and PayPal fees.

Thanks to everyone who provided their insight, especially FIREPOWER23. I guess everyone can keep flaming me for my shipping charges if they'd like to, however I'm still interested to hear what people have to say about what I'm actually asking.

if he files a claim with paypal for receiving item not as described, you might lose this one

next time just list "sold as is - no refunds"

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

indifferent.gif
@ 30 dollars shipping. scumbag

I swear some of these replies made me spit my drink lulz but for that price I would have copped and did a restore job

The shipping price is disclosed in the auction, there's nothing wrong with it. A rational bidder will just adjust his bid price to compensate for the higher shipping charges.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

The shipping price is disclosed in the auction, there's nothing wrong with it. A rational bidder will just adjust his bid price to compensate for the higher shipping charges.
this will never sink in to them

never

Originally Posted by No Stackson

Ask him to tell you how they fell apart, did he walk in them and they did that, or did they do it straight out of the box . . .

1chainz definitely had a backup name ready

You put no returns and you have enough pictures to justify it. The only thing I would worry about is that you described the shoe with so much detail, that His one complaint could still give him eBay buyer protection. since he gave feedback already, I wouldn't give back any money.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

But I see this is happening more and more these days, these kids buy a pair of battered OGs just so they can look cool in front of their friends ...but once they realize they have just wasted X amount on a crumbled old pair of shoes that they can neither wear or even display, they get mad and start demanding refunds.

...serves him right.

Not to be cliche, but is this real life? This dude paid 60$ for 20 year old used sneakers to be shipped out to him. Those J's are probably older than the buyer is.

Back
Top Bottom