What would you have done in this situation?

I thought it was going to end with:

"I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

What exactly did I lose?

If anything I won from this. I'm a better person now because I had the help of this thread along with thinking it over. I actually learned more about myself through this situation. I should go to ol boy and thank him.

I just realized I read this from a book about Zen...it's something along the lines of "you should thank your enemies because through them you know your ego-self and in knowing the ego-self you know about the true self"

Hate to throw this fufu stuff around though.

I'm gonna go back to that subway tonight.

Or you could apologize for grabbing his shirt

You Haitian grim?

I see you posted something along those lines earlier.

Last edited:
OP did you grab him by the collar like those bullies do in the movies?

What exactly did I lose?

If anything I won from this. I'm a better person now because I had the help of this thread along with thinking it over. I actually learned more about myself through this situation. I should go to ol boy and thank him.

I just realized I read this from a book about Zen...it's something along the lines of "you should thank your enemies because through them you know your ego-self and in knowing the ego-self you know about the true self"

Hate to throw this fufu stuff around though.

I'm gonna go back to that subway tonight.

Or you could apologize for grabbing his shirt

You Haitian grim?

I see you posted something along those lines earlier.

Nah, but I got people in Leogane and Jacmel.

Talking all this **** trying to be moral police. You go ahead and laugh it off. Don't think that makes you better than than the next man cuz it makes you feel better about yourself and you can sleep at night better.
This thread is slowly turning into a shouting contest that won't get resolved. You asked for opinions and people gave them to you, but I agree that some comments directed at you have been unfair/unnecessary.
I'm not defending myself in collar grabbing, i'm defending my stance that in that moment I didn't want to deal with the cognitive dissonance of possibly letting that slide and ruminating about it for that whole night which could have messed me up the next day for the test.
Here's the thing, you're still ruminating about it because you chose to act in the manner you did. Just something to think about.
I did what I did, I learned from it, I'm me. Can't be nothing else. To be an enlightened human being, to me, is a process. You gotta make some mistakes in order learn.

Maybe life tossed me this so that I didn't end up doing something else down the road. Idk if life teaches lessons that way  but you let me know since you seem to have it all figured out.
I agree with this. While I have gotten snide comments before, I've never been in a situation where someone behind the counter said something to me as I was going out the door and I never considered what I would do. You were thrown into a situation where you were either forced to act on the fly or let him get away with making those comments. You learned what you would do in that situation and have considered what you will do in future situations (maybe even more severe ones) and now everyone in this thread has considered it and learned from your situation as well.
Run that situation 1,000 times and I would probz do the same thing.
Do you mean you would grab him 1,000 more future times or that if this initial situation was replayed 1,000 times you would have likely done the same thing?

Last edited:
Violence is not the answer in this case. Shouldve just ignored and walked out. But if you wanted to, report worker to manager or something. Just dont go therr again.

Guessing those places are in Haiti,
Got people as in relatives?

I only ask because I used to live in down south florida and they were real impulsive :lol: cool people but temperamental when it comes to words.

Last edited:
nah. Just people I know.

I think what your referring to has to do with the West-Indies/Carribean culture in general. Which i'm part of.

I iz confused.

So you're American with Haitian fam?

I would say its large geographically but small in community..everybody knows someone who knows someone who knows you..

Last edited:
You Jamaican?

Jamaican dudes is crazy
laugh.gif
Watch your mouth. We are a peaceful people....perhaps a lil loud...but peaceful.
pimp.gif

For the record I'm Jamaican/Guyanese.

Last edited:
You still come off as a hypocrite.
Why you always so sensitive? Talking about the situation not OP in particular.
No. In every situation possible you can not tell me you abide by that rule.

Not to mention all ppl are different and have different points of no return. You can't be out here trying ppl, pushing their buttons and thinking you won't run in to the wrong one.

Seems too many of yall are going from OP overreacted to acting as if he incited the incident.

Perfect time for another NTer to make a thread talking about they were at their job and told a customer to get a better job so they can afford juice after they made a mistake by overcharging them and then got yoked up asking if he was wrong for those comments.

I come off as a hypocrite because I want to defend my old man.
Yes. Your entire hypothetical situation is bull ****.
You walk into your pops job and see a young dude grabbing his collar and see what you will do.
My father isn't a lame like this Subways dude or possibly yours since you brought him in to this so he wouldn't even make such comments to a complete stranger and given a different situation, where he's in an altercation with a stranger at his work please believe he would've washed anybody trying to hem him up with ease. I'd just shake my head at that stranger's mistake. I wouldn't even need to step in unless it was an unfair fight.
That is what you are not getting he did incite the "incident" he cause the incident. The incident is him placing his hands on old dude.
Talking ain't ****. You never see someone go to jail for talking. It's when you place your hands on people.
You definitely can go to jail for saying the wrong things. Get belligerent around a cop and see what happens.

Last edited:
Yes. Your entire hypothetical situation is bull ****.
My father isn't a lame like this Subways dude or possibly yours since you brought him in to this so he wouldn't even make such comments to a complete stranger and given a different situation, where he's in an altercation with a stranger at his work please believe he would've washed anybody trying to hem him up with ease. I'd just shake my head at that stranger's mistake. I wouldn't even need to step in unless it was an unfair fight.
You definitely can go to jail for saying the wrong things. Get belligerent around a cop and see what happens.

Now you talking about my dad smh

Man shut up you talk too much quoting like silly putty with your thesis. You know exactly what I mean.

Grim was wrong

Now you talking about my dad smh

Man shut up you talk too much quoting like silly putty with your thesis. You know exactly what I mean.

Grim was wrong
i swear to my son. I just came in here too see if your post was in reply to zik. Just seem like the only person that would get this response.... I was right. Just hang it up dawg this dude is.... Let me keep it moving. Lmao

:lol: This ain't real life though.
I'm trolling whenever I say something slick on here.

I def ain't yoking collars in my everyday life, now shut up before I send my homeboy grim to put them paws on you.

Am I the only one wondering what kind of sub it was?

What kind of meat and how many inches OP?

Back
Top Bottom