Whatever happend to Vernon Gholston??

dude got drafted 6th overall from Ohio State but never got to see the guy play
nerd.gif

Even at Ohio State the guy was never really consistent. He'd straight disappear in some games...then put up games with 2-3 sacks. I'm not reallysurprised he hasn't done much...although I would like to see him play with his hand in the dirt instead of OLB.

The last I heard, kicking teammates during training camp.
"He's strong as hell, but the question is, does he want it?" said one player, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. He's got talent, and he doesn't lack confidence, but sometimes he's like an 18-year-old kid who's never played the game before."

right now, Gholston is a bust (and i am an OSU fan).

i agree with what goBucks said... at OSU his production was not as consistent as say, Laurinaitis. but he would show flashes of sheer physical dominance attimes, which is why he got drafted so high. idk what he's doing in the NFL, i haven't really been following the Jets like that. but from what i'veheard he has issues with giving effort

Dude has a grand total of 17 solo tackles, zero sacks, zero interceptions, and zero fumbles in two seasons.
laugh.gif

7/24/2008: Signed a five-year, $32.5 million contract. The deal includes $21 million guaranteed. Another $17.5 million is available through incentives.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Last I've heard was that he was having trouble learning the playbook and effort. Maybe with Rex Ryan now as our coach he will do something.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Last I've heard was that he was having trouble learning the playbook and effort. Maybe with Rex Ryan now as our coach he will do something.
But Rex was the coach the whole season.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Dude has a grand total of 17 solo tackles, zero sacks, zero interceptions, and zero fumbles in two seasons.
laugh.gif

7/24/2008: Signed a five-year, $32.5 million contract. The deal includes $21 million guaranteed. Another $17.5 million is available through incentives.
sick.gif
sick.gif

At least he'll never collect those incentives.

He was hurt most of the year and i guess getting moved to LB was harder than he or the Jets thought

Back
Top Bottom