What's going to keep me from constantly being tired...

bkmac

Banned
throughout the day, if I don't drink coffee (never have actually), and if I don't know if I want to start messing with energy drinks/shots?

I'm not opposed to the energy drink/shots, I just think they're all gimmicks and don't work.

Some nights, I get great sleep, others, not enough. Changing my sleeping pattern would be lovely, but with work, school work, etc, it's not likely that I can.

Anyone have some tips?

Working out made a difference in my energy levels when I had a lot on my plate. Try some light stretching, running, and lifting to get your day started. Even though it cut into my sleep I felt much better throughout the day once I got into the routine. No more yawning at 2pm and feeling dead tired at 7pm
30t6p3b.gif

How many hours do you work? How many classes do you take? And last, how many hours do you sleep when you do?

Answer those questions for me, so that I can determine whether you're just being a *%!*@.

Your diet should be able to keep you awake. Have something like a raw baby spinach salad along with some chicken, turkey or brown rice.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Your diet should be able to keep you awake. Have something like a raw baby spinach salad along with some chicken, turkey or brown rice.

He would probably have to blanch the spinach to get the most benefit out of it.Make sure you get the macro's in your body. Stay hydrated. Caffeine definitely helps, but can be unhealthy for some.could be hormonal changes also that is making you lack energy. This happens as we age. But that is a whole other story.

If your plate is full you're probably stressed.

See a doctor yet?

It could be a bunch of things. Do you snore? Get a sleep study done to make sure it's not sleep apnea.

Good luck.

I know the feeling bro.

I started my first fulltime job back in may and I work about 50 hours a week. this is the most tired i have been all my life, i guess its cause my body isnt used to it? Every night i try to sleep around 9-10. I even work out atleast 3 times a week and im currently taking one class a week which isnt really big of a deal to me. Its wierd though, Monday through Wed., i have full energy
pimp.gif
 but when thursday and friday arrives i get mad tired and sleepy.

I hate coffe and i try not to use the energy drinks as well. Take vitamins, and watch what you eat, well thats in my case. Lets say for lunch i eat a take out or fast food, i get sleepy after it.

Drink some coffee, black if possible, if not then very little cream/milk and little sugar. If you know when you're routinely tired everyday, drink a cup a little before that time then. If you're unsure how your body reacts to caffeine then take it slow, but it can be a huge benefit throughout your day.

Healthier eating options could play a factor as well, make sure your breakfast and lunch is balanced and can provide you with energy during the day., eat a handful of almonds if you're feeling drained, stay hydrated, and other healthy snack options.

Its really a waste of time to normalize your sleep pattern while still at school.

I found it to be much easier to get in a routine after I got a full-time job after college. I say just drink coffee or energy drinks in the meantime.

Do you overeat? Portion out your meals better, if so. Being extremely full always knocks me out- I hate it!

Originally Posted by newbuck

He would probably have to blanch the spinach to get the most benefit out of it.Make sure you get the macro's in your body. Stay hydrated. Caffeine definitely helps, but can be unhealthy for some.could be hormonal changes also that is making you lack energy. This happens as we age. But that is a whole other story.

He would actually want to get the micro nutrients in his body.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Lean protein, whole grains, healthy sources of fat. These are the macros he should be getting. In other words, eat right. I see how that can be confusing to you though.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Lean protein, whole grains, healthy sources of fat. These are the macros he should be getting. In other words, eat right. I see how that can be confusing to you though.
the only time i ever thought I'd needed to understand the difference between macro and micro was in economics.

and black coffee tastes like butt hole. I don't know how anyone does it.

i had to go cold turkey on the caffiene...was working off 1-2 cups of coffee plus a rockstar a day- was hard as hell....

now i stick to my vitamins, ginseng extract and some green tea pills -

Back
Top Bottom