WHAT's THE BEST TIRE SHINE?

i used to only use Meguiar's. it was in a can that you spray on....purple can with green top
but now i dont think they make it anymore, only place i saw it at was walmart and autozone....and they would always be low on stock.....but i havent seen itsince last summer

so guess i need to move on....so whats the best tire shine?

nerd.gif

*found pic online of what i use to use* ...sad times
tired.gif

413B0ASNVAL._AA280_.jpg

The Meguiars Endurgace Gel is a good one. It doesn't sling on your car like the spray on stuff. One coat will give you a matte finish, another coat will beshiny and will last at least a few weeks.

Yeah Meguiars Endurance is a good one that is OTC but there are tons of others that are sold on car detailing websites. It really all depends on what type oflook you want, matte or shiny.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Yeah Meguiars Endurance is a good one that is OTC but there are tons of others that are sold on car detailing websites. It really all depends on what type of look you want, matter or shiny.
x2. I use Griot's Long Lasting Tire Shine because It has a really good finish and it lasts far longer.
pimp.gif

Heres the link.... Long Lasting Tire Shine

Armor All is TERRIBLE
sick.gif

I detail at a car lot and Duragloss stuff is by far the best I've ever used. I've used just about everything, every brand and nothing compares it itIMO. Armour All sucks, that Meguiars in a can stuff is horrible because it runs and it looks really blotchy on the tires and it flings up the sides of your carwhen you drive. Meguiars High Endurance gel is ok though but I prefer Duragloss' Rubber and Mat Dressing because you can spray it on the tires and up inthe fender wells and it'll last for weeks. Just my .02 http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-tire---rubber-mat-dressing.html

IMO, Duragloss is decent, but doesn't last very long...and really doesn't hold up to water very well.

i have that armor all tire shine extreme. its really BAD... you dont get a nice shine, it only last for about 4-5 days max until you see dry spots(depending onhow hard and long (NH)you drive)

i have a spray that i use which i think works extremely well. not sure what its called i will check later. nothing special. apply it right after a nice carwash.

there much more of a shine in RL but here is a pic after a wash

and dont drive fast when you apply tire shine. it gets on your rims and its nasty

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

i have that armor all tire shine extreme. its really BAD... you dont get a nice shine, it only last for about 4-5 days max until you see dry spots(depending on how hard and long (NH)you drive)

i have a spray that i use which i think works extremely well. not sure what its called i will check later. nothing special. apply it right after a nice car wash.

there much more of a shine in RL but here is a pic after a wash

and dont drive fast when you apply tire shine. it gets on your rims and its nasty

Drop that thing man
laugh.gif

wth is the point! lol its just a daily driver i dont really care about (in a terms of modding) love the car itself though. and when i get it it lowers if youknow what im sayin lol i put tein flex CO with a edfc on the wrx. not cheap lol.

I use Meguiars Endurance gel also and it's pretty good, much better than a spray. It lasts a while but after a few days, it spits up onto the rear fendersand all over the lower part in front of the driver/passenger doors. I wipe it with a dry towel after I'm done applying it to cut down on that but it'sinevitable.

Some of your are going to grill me for this, but i bought the 3M tire restorer and added motor oil(less than a cap full) and shook it up really well...thenspary onto a sponge and applied it to the tires to get an even coat. A sponge works really well..

the mixture lasted for literally a month..

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Some of your are going to grill me for this, but i bought the 3M tire restorer and added motor oil(less than a cap full) and shook it up really well...then spary onto a sponge and applied it to the tires to get an even coat. A sponge works really well..

the mixture lasted for literally a month..

Angel

One of my boys once used cooking oil
laugh.gif

I use the armor all tire shine foam spray. spray on n it dissolves in like 5 mins. works great for me

any kind of tire shine when it dries makes the sidewalls drycrack, so you have to constantly keep putting it on. Either that or be prepared to get new tires.

Originally Posted by fundz4

any kind of tire shine when it dries makes the sidewalls drycrack, so you have to constantly keep putting it on. Either that or be prepared to get new tires.
Wrong. Quality products actually prevent drying and cracking.

Back
Top Bottom