What's the best way to get rid of an old car?

It's time to put old reliable out to pasture
ohwell.gif

So what's the best way to go about it? It's a 95 Honda civic with a buck sixty on it. It actually still runs decent and is pretty clean but there'sa piece on the throttle body that needs to be replaced and can't be without replacing the entire throttle body
smh.gif
So should I donate it? Sell it for parts?Try a quick fix and then put it out on the market? Any advice would be helpful.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

It's time to put old reliable out to pasture
ohwell.gif

So what's the best way to go about it? It's a 95 Honda civic with a buck sixty on it. It actually still runs decent and is pretty clean but there's a piece on the throttle body that needs to be replaced and can't be without replacing the entire throttle body
smh.gif
So should I donate it? Sell it for parts? Try a quick fix and then put it out on the market? Any advice would be helpful.

try and sell the whole thing . if you cant do that sell for parts

Well I'd have to fix the throttle body issue before trying to sell it, no? And that costs a grip. I'm thinking about the donation thing but I rathermoney in my hand right now. How does selling for parts usually work, and can you get some good money out of it?

I always see those signs at red lights that say, we buy junk cars for $50, but thats beyond lowballing.

How much are you really trying to get for it? Cause I don't know about NY but out in CA and out here in TX they have some places like a junkyard orsomething that you can just call and they'll give you maybe a couple hundred and they'll take it away, that's if you're just really trying toget rid of it

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

How much are you really trying to get for it? Cause I don't know about NY but out in CA and out here in TX they have some places like a junkyard or something that you can just call and they'll give you maybe a couple hundred and they'll take it away, that's if you're just really trying to get rid of it

I'm trying to maximize profit lol. If I have to I'll dump it for a couple hundred, cause I'm not trying to be dealing with this for too long.

sell it...theres always sum1 out there looking to buy sumthin

n like they say "ones trash is another's treasure"

Yeah just try to get it fixed then try to sell it and hope you can get enough for it.

That's what I'd do anyway lol

Im in the same situation with the same car right now. I already found a buyer tho, but my apartment complex had my car towed because they thought it wasabandoned.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Im in the same situation with the same car right now. I already found a buyer tho, but my apartment complex had my car towed because they thought it was abandoned.
mad.gif

roll.gif

Yeah, sell it as is and just throw it up on craigslist. I'm looking for a hooptie just like that to take me to work and back everyday as a daily driver,but you just said that it needs some work so forget that
laugh.gif
. I usually see 95 Civic's going for anywhere between $1500-$3500 depending on the conditionof the car. Do you have another car that will get you to where you will need to go or was the Civic your only means of transportation...besides the MTA.

have a friend of a friend of a friend come around way and "steal" that piece from you, a couple weeks and u home free with that insurance money, Fall those people tryin to low ball u with their offers for a car thats probably not in the best condition, get that "in great condition" insurancemoney
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but nah, seriously, take it to a few dealerships and see what they're willing to give for it, it wont be as high as a private sale but thats the tradeoff,its all about how long you're willing to wait for someone to buy the car, time vs money

a throttle body isn't that hard to replace. find a used one.

95 civic should be easy to unload if its in good condition.

160k is nothing. my 03 has 125k.

^03' with 125k? Damn, now I feel better about my 00' with 138k. Civics still have a lot of value despite high mileage, so fix it up and get a fewG's for it.

yeah i do!

100mi/day commute, 5 days a week. 03 civic si does me good! just basic maintenance thus far!

the older civics still have double wishbones and take a multitude of engine swaps, so there is value in them!

Back
Top Bottom