whats the point of tisa / ti$a snapbacks?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

their a trend but i fully support the trend.

i used to work at lids when the whole lil snapback thing got popular

some mom and pop spot by my house had a ton of old snapbacks that i was buying 3 for $10, i bought their entire stock out, and when customers would come in lids askin for snapbacks i would just show em some of the ones i would bring to work with me and would sell em for $20 cash.

i would sell about 5 on a regular day and on weekends about 10 each day i worked.
This, no lie, I give my boy (who works for lids) a few snapbacks I find DS @ thrift stores for 3 dollars, and he flips them for 40, yes cats out here is thirsty for some snaps.
Fitteds > 

their a trend but i fully support the trend.

i used to work at lids when the whole lil snapback thing got popular

some mom and pop spot by my house had a ton of old snapbacks that i was buying 3 for $10, i bought their entire stock out, and when customers would come in lids askin for snapbacks i would just show em some of the ones i would bring to work with me and would sell em for $20 cash.

i would sell about 5 on a regular day and on weekends about 10 each day i worked.
This, no lie, I give my boy (who works for lids) a few snapbacks I find DS @ thrift stores for 3 dollars, and he flips them for 40, yes cats out here is thirsty for some snaps.
Fitteds > 

Snapbacks are cool but slapping that tisa sign just adds like another $40+ which seems like a dumb purchase.

Snapbacks are cool but slapping that tisa sign just adds like another $40+ which seems like a dumb purchase.

eek.gif
I had no idea about that TISA garbage until this thread, people really do that? 
indifferent.gif

I just have a couple old snapbacks that I picked up for about 10 each from a mom and pop shop. Wouldn't mind getting more, but I'm not gonna pay rape prices for them, got too many hats as is to be trying to keep up with everything. But if people wanna drop a lot of loot on them, that's on them. I just get what I like at decent prices.

eek.gif
I had no idea about that TISA garbage until this thread, people really do that? 
indifferent.gif

I just have a couple old snapbacks that I picked up for about 10 each from a mom and pop shop. Wouldn't mind getting more, but I'm not gonna pay rape prices for them, got too many hats as is to be trying to keep up with everything. But if people wanna drop a lot of loot on them, that's on them. I just get what I like at decent prices.

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by Boi

Your favorite team logo on it... the colorway... the material?

Plus the TI$A on the side, which I dont care much about but it does make it look better

how does the ti$a logo make the hat look better?

just out of curiousity if you had a chance to get a snapback of your favorite team logo for $5 at some mom and pop spot  or a ti$a snapback for $40 which one would you choose?

Look for yourself.. How does it not? its like gettin dome then the #$*$@ swallowing your babies. its that extra addition makes it even 
pimp.gif

Obviously I'd buy this same fitted without the ti$a for 5 dollars rather than 40

indifferent.gif
So, looking like a 3 yr old took his box of crayolas to your hat is hot?!
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by Boi

Plus the TI$A on the side, which I dont care much about but it does make it look better

just out of curiousity if you had a chance to get a snapback of your favorite team logo for $5 at some mom and pop spot  or a ti$a snapback for $40 which one would you choose?

Look for yourself.. How does it not? its like gettin dome then the #$*$@ swallowing your babies. its that extra addition makes it even 
pimp.gif

Obviously I'd buy this same fitted without the ti$a for 5 dollars rather than 40

indifferent.gif
So, looking like a 3 yr old took his box of crayolas to your hat is hot?!
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by Boi

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Son, I have the exact same hats that TISA has. All they do is put their logo on it and mark the prices up.
You really think that logo is worth 150?

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by Boi

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Son, I have the exact same hats that TISA has. All they do is put their logo on it and mark the prices up.
You really think that logo is worth 150?

i dont care too much about snapbacks but if theres a hat i like im a get it regardless to support my team and because theres no fitted to get instead

i dont care too much about snapbacks but if theres a hat i like im a get it regardless to support my team and because theres no fitted to get instead

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Snapbacks in general are cool in my book. Ti$a snapbacks on the otherhand are just pitiful.
Idk how you can say this... Don't even front, you know them snabacks are FRESH as hell

i would understand if you were talkin about the prices on them

what makes these snapbacks "Fresh"?

you having some random #%! name written on the side of a vintage product from 15 years ago and then they bump up the price on $*$% they payed $1 for...?

lemme guess, you own some of these "fresh" joints?

idk about 'fresh' isnt tisa something taz arnold brought back and added tisa on the side but really its just like a vintage style snapback? its just a regular snapback but with tisa on it 
eyes.gif
 i wear snapbacks but idk people are just following trends so thats what i think is the deal with them

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Snapbacks in general are cool in my book. Ti$a snapbacks on the otherhand are just pitiful.
Idk how you can say this... Don't even front, you know them snabacks are FRESH as hell

i would understand if you were talkin about the prices on them

what makes these snapbacks "Fresh"?

you having some random #%! name written on the side of a vintage product from 15 years ago and then they bump up the price on $*$% they payed $1 for...?

lemme guess, you own some of these "fresh" joints?

idk about 'fresh' isnt tisa something taz arnold brought back and added tisa on the side but really its just like a vintage style snapback? its just a regular snapback but with tisa on it 
eyes.gif
 i wear snapbacks but idk people are just following trends so thats what i think is the deal with them

Its a status thing. They're expensive, and all the kids in the mix (hypebeasts and girls on tumblr/twitter) know that having one of those means "you get money"

Their favorite rappers (Big Sean, Wiz, Chris Brown) wear them, so they are drawn to them. There's nothing special about them at all.

Give me 1 bulls snapback, 1 lakers snapback, and 1 cowboys snapback and I'm good. No tisa on the side. %!@# doesn't matter. I rock them for the teams, and I dam nsure don't rock them everyday so paying $100+ is out of the question.

Fitteds > Snapbacks but at the end of the day, they're both still just hats

Its a status thing. They're expensive, and all the kids in the mix (hypebeasts and girls on tumblr/twitter) know that having one of those means "you get money"

Their favorite rappers (Big Sean, Wiz, Chris Brown) wear them, so they are drawn to them. There's nothing special about them at all.

Give me 1 bulls snapback, 1 lakers snapback, and 1 cowboys snapback and I'm good. No tisa on the side. %!@# doesn't matter. I rock them for the teams, and I dam nsure don't rock them everyday so paying $100+ is out of the question.

Fitteds > Snapbacks but at the end of the day, they're both still just hats

i hate dudes that frown upon "new" new era snap backs but praise the old ones...... c'mon now.

also tisa puts their logo on older snapbacks and jacks up the price

Back
Top Bottom