What's up with the text language?

So I'm chillin' at work and I get this email from one of my co-workers...
Hey Nick idk if youll get this before tomorro but il try calling you when I get off work tonight. Anyways im a part time temp, and I wanted to know if the hours 9am-2pm tomorro are still open? You can give me a call at XXX-XXXX if you still need someone thanks
smile.gif

Public education FTL. I must be out of the loop or something, damn.
roll.gif

I hope she doesn't email her boss like this...

idk what's wrong with you. i def understood that, LOL.

i get tired when typing or texting so i just resort to abbreviated words. a person's lack of texting/emailing skills doesn't necessarily correspondwith their intelligence or education. a lot of people by nature are just lazy

Even on my Mogul I always spell out words even if it takes 2 messages.

I hate hate when people cut words up or think they sound cute by spelling words wrong

I take as an insult to my intelligence.

If you didn't understand her, she meant meet her in the boy's bathroom in five minutes.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

If you didn't understand her, she meant meet her in the boy's bathroom in five minutes.

pimp.gif
No she didn't
laugh.gif

I understood her, but damn... Who writes like that in an email, at work, to someone you've never met!?

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

a person's lack of texting/emailing skills doesn't necessarily correspond with their intelligence or education. a lot of people by nature are just lazy
I wouldn't want a dumb person OR a lazy person to work for me.

I hate when people type out words like Dat(that) or doe(though) .... there's a few others but I can't remember them at the moment.

i hate when im texting someone and instead of LOL or haha they put hehe. i dont know what it is but it just irks the hell out of me.

That was perfectly understandable. Just a few spelling errors etc. I came in here expecting to see something like. "wats ^, !$! i taught we gon prtytnight. idc. hit me ^" you know something along those lines.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

i hate when im texting someone and instead of LOL or haha they put hehe. i dont know what it is but it just irks the hell out of me.

I KNOW WHAT U MEAN

JUST THE THOUGHT OF HER SAYING IT MAKES ME
indifferent.gif

i get tired when typing or texting so i just resort to abbreviated words. a person's lack of texting/emailing skills doesn't necessarily correspond with their intelligence or education. a lot of people by nature are just lazy
But you shouldnt write like that to people you work with if its for business purposes.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

i get tired when typing or texting so i just resort to abbreviated words. a person's lack of texting/emailing skills doesn't necessarily correspond with their intelligence or education. a lot of people by nature are just lazy
But you shouldnt write like that to people you work with if its for business purposes.
They both work in retail.
Should iron/steel workers be banned from cursing?

It's not a big deal.
I don't see how this has anything to do with "business ethics".

She might not have a phone with a keypad/keyboard or whatever it's called. I don't and it takes forever to text using the number pad.

I said this in another thread but I hate when dudes say "K" instead of OK or True or Alright. Seems madfeminine to me for some reason cause most people I know who do it are females...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

I said this in another thread but I hate when dudes say "K" instead of OK or True or Alright. Seems mad feminine to me for some reason cause most people I know who do it are females...
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I was thinking about this yesterday

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by soltheman

pimp.gif
No she didn't
laugh.gif

I understood her, but damn... Who writes like that in an email, at work, to someone you've never met!?
yea, that's not good e-mail etiquette with co-workers
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom