Whats wrong with brown liqour?

Brown is all I drink. Most white makes me gag. (yh)
Cuervo and Jameson
pimp.gif

yes, it is supposed to be worse for your liver,
worse, but any alcohol in large quantities over time is bad for your liver
vodka, gin, etc included

Originally Posted by CaptainEO

"brown makes you frown, and then ends up all over the ground"
Well that's some !%+*#%@+ masked in clever rhyme scheme if I ever heard any. Nothing puts me on like Henny, nor does it curse me with ahangover the day after...EVER.

Keith Richards says if you want to live longer change your dark liquors to clear. I think he should know.

i don't care for color, as long as it's top shelf. if it's in a plastic bottle
smh.gif

henny xo is straight
goose is str8
crown
patron
etc...

you get the point. it's like bud, it's not the type, but the quality.

There is an article talking about the difference between the effects of dark and light liquor...and there are none! Its all mental.

The example they used was: If you think you will become aggressive when you drink dark liquor, you will become aggressive when you drink dark liquor. Notbecause it actually has that effect on you, but because of that idea in your head.

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

i don't care for color, as long as it's top shelf. if it's in a plastic bottle
smh.gif

henny xo is straight
goose is str8
crown
patron
etc...

you get the point. it's like bud, it's not the type, but the quality.
agreed... henny xo my favorite.. got a bottle of 750 i bought for 130
pimp.gif

Is it true that dark-colored liquors like bourbon give you a worse hangover than clear ones like vodka? If so, why?
img_ico_a.gif
The thinking on this is divided. Roger Boulton, a fermentation and distillation chemistry expert and professor in the University of California-Davis' Viticulture & Enology Department, says they don't. "The current thinking is that dehydration is responsible for hangover," he says. Drinking equal amounts of identical-proof vodka and cognac will get you just as drunk, and will make you equally hungover the next morning, he says.

However there is also the belief, voiced in a 2000 study of hangover research in the Annals of Internal Medicine, that brown liquors do cause worse hangovers. The reason? Alcohols in the booze other than ethanol, commonly referred to as congeners.

A distiller tries to isolate the "good" alcohol, or ethanol, from the "impurities," including congeners, contained in the soupy fermented material he's distilling (corn, barley, or rye for whiskey; sugarcane for rum; etc.). These include methanol, or wood alcohol, which can make you go blind if you drink too much of it, and a group of compounds called fusel oils. The distiller will do this by throwing out the first and last parts of what comes out of the still (known as the heads and tails), and in some cases by redistilling the alcohol to strip it further.

Though all liquor, regardless of whether it's destined to be cognac, whiskey, or vodka, comes out of the still clear (barrel aging turns it brown but doesn't add any congeners), distillers making brown liquors usually don't strip their booze of as many of the impurities as those making a clear spirit. While vodka in particular is supposed to be flavorless, and odorless, brown spirits don't have to live up to such a standard of purity. Congeners, although they might cause worse hangovers, all produce flavor. And when it comes to brown spirits, that's a good thing

Back
Top Bottom