Whats Your Side Job? Vol: Making $ While Making $

Whatup NT fam.

Like the title says, what do you do to make money while you sleep?

Inb4
drug dealing :rolleyes

I know some people are *ahem* financially farther along than others, so it'd be interesting to know how you decided to do it and the process involved.

I've just recently got my first gig out of college, it's in my career field but the creative freedom isn't ideal. A fellow graphic designer and myself are start an etsy shop that will sell prints, and other graphic design oriented things. Etsy takes around 3% of the profit I believe which isnt bad. It's a creative outlet that has a low-financial risk for the both of us and regardless of how successful it is, we'll both get great portfolio pieces which in turn could contribute to me getting another full time job somewhere else. Win-Win.

Post Yours.

Last edited:
Love these threads...

Part time gigs are dope if its low stress and pays well...

Lately, my part time job is research... Figuring out how to set up my own secondary source of income..

I've also done research on personal training, and opening a potential shop and employ a manager to run day to day activities...

The second option... Of course I'd take a hit financially while the manager gets the lion share... But if I can show up and make large scale decisions and pull on 30k extra, I'd be fine with that..

My suggestions are real estate sales, food sales (fish plates after the club), and some kind of consulting work in something your good at... Whether it be dressing or fixing computers or playing video games... Charging people for your knowledge.

I think about this constantly. Part time Jobs I see listed don't pay enough to make sense. Consulting and personal training has crossed my mind.

Full time job and full time student. About to start hustling and start back free lance graphic designing. Need $$$ broski.

Should this connect come through, I'll be doing PT work at a private hospital in addition to my actual job to bolster my savings/retirement accounts.

Golfing lessons. 

Zero overhead and getting paid to play golf basically.

Last edited:
Man, I was considering Personal Training but I believe you have to invest about $1000 into a certification.

Plus getting that return through clients could take months...

I think about having another source of income everyday. But in the field I work it's literally 10-16 hr days M-F. Money ain't where I'd like it to be right now, but I can't complain about having a full time gig. I guess I'll read and get some ideas

I see some of yall do graphic design, could yall consult/build on the design/re-design of a new site for me?

I'm all ears! Hit me up by PM if yall serious

romebrown.com
^^^Trying to move that to into a new Wordpress site which will include my bio, resume, portfolio, etc.

Last edited:
Ive really been looking into taking photography serious... with all these aspiring "models" and rappers i could make a killing and i actually don't mind editing down photos from the lil experience i have.

I have a part-time job at a Nissan dealership.

I call out to confirm their appointments for tomorrow and call people in regards to taking a survey.

The homies are cool, I come in anytime I want, I take two hour breaks and nobody cares what I do.

I love it and would quit my first job if it paid me more.

Have 3 PT jobs, no FT job (which sucks)
  • do eComm work for an electrical wholesaler
  • work at facility for adjudicated juvenile offenders
  • clean an office building on Saturdays
Need a FT job with decent pay and bennies so I can do something I love on the side.

If you guys are creative or artsy, you can always do photography, drawings, paintings and set it up at schools/public places where you can advertise your work.. People will also be more inclined to buy it if you donate say 20% to charity..

EDIT: If you got a vehicle, you can look into becoming an unregistered taxi and drive people around from clubs/bars for a flat rate (up to you how you will price it)..

Last edited:
Did Stadium Operations for the Dodgers, game days only, but about to bounce. Politics are heavy, too much stress for a side gig.

Just started a valet gig, which pays cash, so Uncle Sam doesn't get his grubby paws on my cheddar. Only work random events, and when I'm available. Usually $100-150 per night and only put in about 4-5 hours.

Going to get Level 1 (Crossfit) certified at the turn of the year, start training on the side.

Even making good money, side money isn't bad, just accustomed to having a side hustle.

ive been selling my sneakers thats part of my collection...im not a reseller because i am selling shoes i no longer have use for instead of shoes not my size and selling at a crazy reseller price...check me out i have size 9 sneakers for steal prices... ive been doing this for 4-5 years to downsize my collection but also to pay my student loans and car off

Just started a valet gig, which pays cash, so Uncle Sam doesn't get his grubby paws on my cheddar. Only work random events, and when I'm available. Usually $100-150 per night and only put in about 4-5 hours.
Can't believe I've never thought about Valet. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom