What's your sports pecking order? Championship edition.

Say for conversations sake, you have the NBA Finals, Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series, Golf Majors Tournaments, Wimbledon, and prized fights are all on at the same time, what do you watch?

Or if that's too unrealistic, just say your favorite team/player is on as the same time as everything else, what would you choose first, second, all the way to last?

To make it easier, basketball will include both college and NBA.

Me?

Basketball
Football
Boxing
Golf
Baseball
Hockey
Tennis

Ordinarily though, if boxing is on, I watch it over basketball, just because it's not on as frequently as basketball is.

Kind of an odd question, but I will participate.....

Superbowl
World Series
Prize Fights
NBA Finals
Golf Major
Stanley Cup
Wimbledon

World Series
Super Bowl
World Cup
NBA Finals
Boxing/MMA

Last edited:
Super Bowl

NCAA Chip'

BCS Chip'

World Series/NBA Finals depends on which game of the series it is or else I would put Boxing above it

I dont follow the other sports close but I'd probably watch a big soccer match over the rest

Last edited:
NFL (which is weird because footballs my 3rd favorite sport, but because they put on a great half-time show and its 1 game, it all adds to the excitement)

MLB

NBA

I mean, I'm a NBA fan first.... but in terms of championships?

Superbowl

World Series

NCAA Finals

NBA Finals

I'd go:

Stanley Cup
Super Bowl
Championship Fight
World Series
NBA Finals
NCAAB
BCS
Tennis

Tough for me to rank because I love all of them.

Last edited:
Super Bowl
World Series
Finals
Wimbledon
Masters
Prize Fight (would be higher if it were the 90's)

If we were ranking favorites then March Madness would be way up there as well.

mine is going to be super confusing. :lol: But, I mean, non-clinching Finals & WS & Cup games don't carry as much weight as potential clinchers... and Gm. 7s carry more weight than the rest of the games in the series, obviously.

For the Super Bowl, there's just 1 game. But for the other sports, there's...
- non-clinching games
- potential series clinchers (one team has 3 wins)
- Gm. 7; both teams have 3 wins

So for me...
- Finals, Gm. 7
- Super Bowl
- WS, Gm. 7
- potential Finals clincher
- Stanley Cup, Gm. 7
- non-clinching Finals game
- potential WS clincher
- non-clinching WS games
- potential Cup clincher/non-clinching Cup games

Last edited:
What if the NBA Finals and World Series and any other sports with multiple games were in their "Game 7"? To make it comparable with the one game events such as the Super Bowl or a boxing match? Would that change anything?

If it's NOT my teams...

Superbowl

NBA Finals

World Series

Prized Fights

Tennis Majors

Golf Majors

Soccer (unless WC then straight to the top)

World cup finals trumps all imo

Then

Superbowl
UEFA Champions League final
NBA Finals
NCAA natty championship game (ball)
BCS Natty Championship game

Assuming NBA and MLB are Game 7s.

1.) World Series - It's never over until that final out is recorded, ask the Rangers.
2.) SuperBowl - The games have been much more competitive since the turn of the century.
3.) NBA Finals - Only twice since 1990 has the finals gone to 7 games. I'd watch just for the rarity of this.
4.) Stanley Cup - Many different winners and conference representatives recently. Parity is good.
5.) Boxing - a lot of times it's hype that makes people watch but seldom does the fight match the hype.
6.) NCAA Finals - Its been hit or miss, really. The last one I truly enjoyed was Kansas/Memphis.
7.) BCS Championship - this really isn't ever that good of a game. USC/Texas was the last. Almost everything else has been a dud sans tOSU/UM

Back
Top Bottom