When did Compton become 70% Hispanic? Am I late hearing this or was this swept under the rug?

I was watching the ESPN MLK's Content of Character special and Kevin Powell was discussing the demographic changes in this country and pointed out that Compton, CA is presently 70% hispanic. When did this happen? Is this simply an economic issue (poorest of the poor) or is something else going on? Where do Compton's former black residents reside today? Not trying to start something, just looking for some enlightenment.

Since the California "house buying extravaganza". When houses were super cheap. You would get 4 families buying one house.
late 90's/early 2000's.

-J-

70% wow........i knew it flipped to majority hispanic but thats crazy. sad if you ask me.

i think the blacks from compton moved out to lancaster/palmdale

lots of ethnic cleansing going on, latino gangs trying to force out all the black residents. funny how racist these fools are yet want to copy the people they hate so much.

ole "viva la raza" dudes
mean.gif

I don't know if that 70% number is accurate. I live out here and i would say about 50/50.

70% wow........i knew it flipped to majority hispanic but thats crazy. sad if you ask me.

lots of ethnic cleansing going on, latino gangs trying to force out all the black residents. funny how racist these fools are yet want to copy the people they hate so much.

ole "viva la raza" dudes
mean.gif
???

ole "viva la raza" dudes
mean.gif
They love Kobe and Tupac but they hate blacks, lol.

The black people are still there but like mentioned before, they've spread out to Gardena, Carson, Inglewood and others like my bro/ sis moved out to the Boondocks like Lancaster, Rialto and Palmdale

ole "viva la raza" dudes :smh:

They love Kobe and Tupac but they hate blacks, lol.
:lol:

i didnt know compton was only for non hispanics, 

OP so you think it should be announced when a new race comes into a new neighborhood? 

The entire state of CA has to be at least 70 percent hispanic.  It's been like that for decades now.  The black presence is just decreasing, because we've branched out to the high deserts, Inland, Vegas, Atlanta, etc. 

I knew that Latinos were strong in southern Cali but when I was out there about four years ago I was still astounded at how Latinos were the majority everywhere. I remember being in traditionally Black areas like Compton and Watts and those areas being mostly Latino...

The only places that I went to where Latinos did not predominate were Inglewood, where Black folks still seemed to definitely be the majority, and Hollywood, where white folks seemed to be the majority...

ole "viva la raza" dudes 
So much irony in one comment.........
"70% wow........i knew it flipped to majority hispanic but thats crazy. sad if you ask me.",
ok i will ask you, why is it sad? should they be limited to where they can live? thats called segregation, but thats just the beginning of your comment, it gets better

"lots of ethnic cleansing going on, latino gangs trying to force out all the black residents."
 lmaoo at you seriously saying "latino gangs" are forcing out all the "black residence", maybe you will see how racist that sounds when I re-write it like this
"lots of ethnic cleansing going on, black gangs trying to force out all the latino residents"

And then you write "funny how racist these fools are yet want to copy the people they hate so much...........ole "viva la raza" dudes"
If you didnt see the irony in that comment when you wrote it, then im not sure explaining it to you will help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom