when did you guys catch your growth spurt?

im 15 years old play lots of basketball i play for varsity B team in christ the king HS same place where lamar odom and speedy claxton went to.
in feb i was 5 8 now i recently measured myself im 5 9,am i in pace to reach 5 10 5 11 by december?
when did you guys catch your growth peak ?just wondering

This summer should be your growth summer, at 5'8 now, at 15, you'll hit 6 soon
I grew from 5'8 to 6 over the past year..

you should grow and then fill in for Erving...

ehh, i'm not too sure but from at the end of 6th grade i was like 5'1, over the summer i grew to like 5'4. Then from the end of 7th to thebeginning or mid of 8th i grew from 5'4 to about 5'6. Now i'm in the 10th grade and i'm 5'9 and a half..almost 5'10. I hope to grow tolike 6'1.

[color= rgb(153, 204, 204)]7th to 8th : 4'7" to 4'11"[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 204, 204)]8th to 9th : 5'3" to 5'7"[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 204, 204)]9th to 10th : 5'7" to 5'10"[/color]

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

This summer should be your summer

im gonna try out in my junior year for A team im going to CK basketball camp and the coach bob oliva is the instructor i wanna showcase my talents to him

When I was hella young. I was a tall @^$ 5th grader at 4'11 and 3/4ths. Now I'm a junior in high school and I am 5'1.
frown.gif

from 8th grade to fresh: 5"2 - 5"4

From fresh to soph - 5"4- 5"10

From soph year to now (end of JR) - 5"10 - 6" 1

You will grow a little more. You might have already caught your spurt though.

Originally Posted by The future D1

im gonna try out in my junior year for A team im going to CK basketball camp and the coach bob oliva is the instructor i wanna showcase my talents to him

yeah ,the CK camp is good money..and try to play with the A team players on the same AAU team and tourneys in the city and get more comfortable with em.

make sure you get enough sleep though. The human body tends to expands after a 8hr sleep due to the spinal chord being align while you sleep as well growthhormones becoming more active while at rest. So with that said "set up a bed time"

Originally Posted by DJ IQ

make sure you get enough sleep though. The human body tends to expands after a 8hr sleep due to the spinal chord being align while you sleep as well growth hormones becoming more active while at rest. So with that said "set up a bed time"

about that 8hr sleep thing,thanks alot thats good advice i knew about the HGH(human growth hormone) takes effect when you sleep but didnt know after 8hrsnd the spinal cord..

Never hit a real big growth spurt. I've been consistently growing my whole life. From Freshman year to Senior Year I went from around 6'0" to6'6". Some people say I'm probably still growing.

Originally Posted by DJ IQ

make sure you get enough sleep though. The human body tends to expands after a 8hr sleep due to the spinal chord being align while you sleep as well growth hormones becoming more active while at rest. So with that said "set up a bed time"

about that 8hr sleep thing,thanks alot thats good advice i knew about the HGH(human growth hormone) takes effect when you sleep but didnt know after 8hrs nd the spinal cord..

I need to catch some sleep for like a year then, I'm 19 and 5'6", probably done growing though.

Mine was in the summer before the first year of high-school. I grew like 3-4 inches. 5'8 to 6'0.

man, i was a little tyke til i was in 10 grade. like 5 flat. grew 8 inches that year, done at 5'8" now.

I'd say the summer before Senior year....I left Junior year seeing people who were a lot taller than me, that I came back to school taller than

Back
Top Bottom