When will the Jersey (Throwbacks) Trend Come back? Circa 1999-2003

^

what he said, alot of people expect to get something for nothing when it comes to buying from members on there yet they'll go and spend full price on thatsame jersey at a retail store.

ive sold stuff i don't care about and wanna move for really low prices just because i want the stuff gone and have no use for it, but some stuff people odon the lowballing with.

thats almost every buy sell forum these days though.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

what he said, alot of people expect to get something for nothing when it comes to buying from members on there yet they'll go and spend full price on that same jersey at a retail store.

ive sold stuff i don't care about and wanna move for really low prices just because i want the stuff gone and have no use for it, but some stuff people od on the lowballing with.

thats almost every buy sell forum these days though.
True, especially over at %%+$$%%#++%*+.

You're over there too Lazy B?

Yeah. My username is jhawk826.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by parada45

Anyone know where I can get a Black and Red Jordan jersey with the pin stripes?
Expect to spend at least $150. Register to jerseycentral and look from there.

Only children and professional athletes wear jerseys.
You're a moron.

what is jersey central, and whats the correct add?

as long as people still rock fitteds and other team oriented apparel it will come back again.

jada-797226-724962.jpg

thats how it came back da last time...

who was first in the rap game to wear throwbacks? shyne? i remember he had one on in that bad boy video.

I doubt it will come back, "F" the trend NT should bring it back
laugh.gif
, but in 2000-2003 man that was the only thing i was concerned on coping andsporting..lol at the NBA jackets and jeans with all the teams patches
pimp.gif
High School Days

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i think it was outkast i coulda swore i seen them wearing throwback baseball jerseys in some videos as far back as 1998
it was already starting to become a trend...i still fondly remember killa cam came with da yellow jeff hamiliton nba patch leather matchin dayellow ferrari in da projects
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

was that 1998 cam your talkin about. i remember when i was in new york in the summer of 1998 dudes were on the replica jerseys hard. i remember seein a lot ofpeople wearin the champion replica jerseys. hell i need to hit up that cosbys store by the garden when im out there in august, i know they did custom jobs iwanna bring some blank stuff by them to get done..

Fabolous was the first person to wear a Throwback. Then Jay-Z wore one and everyone credits Jay-Z with starting the trend.

I remember when rocking the screen printed champions jerseys were illin'....those were the days.

Originally Posted by phildlee

I remember when rocking the screen printed champions jerseys were illin'....those were the days.

i remember i went to felines basement in new york however you spell that name they had their champion replicas for $9.99 i damn near went crazy andstocked up.

marshalls, tj maxx, and ross around my area used to have a done of good champion replicas back in the day as well.

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

Fabolous was the first person to wear a Throwback. Then Jay-Z wore one and everyone credits Jay-Z with starting the trend.

Oukast had on authentics, Fab probably had the most. Jay in H to the Izzo made them popular but the 1st time I saw an actuall THROWBACK Mitchell & Ness wasin the State Property Rock The Mic Video. Everyone had on a throwback football/baseball/basketball jersey.

it will come back when baggy jeans come back..dudes cant rock 3xl jerseys with skinnys

I credit Outlast. They were rock M&N before the turn of the century. Big Boi killed it with the Hank Aaron throwback. Then the New Yorkers caught on.

Anyone been to the M&N Store lately? It's gotta be a mausoleom in there.

Originally Posted by phildlee

everyone use the rock the champions in the 90's

big boi from outkast was early with the M&N throwbacks bcuz of distant replays in ATL. he was rocking authentics and throwbacks early, but nobody wasreally up on M&N's.

I would say before '99 you could get away rocking champion NBA screenprinted replica's just cuz the jersey was ill, but '99 and after you had tohave authentics to really look like you was doin it.

M&N throwbacks, hardwood classics, cooperstown caught on like crazy late '00 into 2001. if my timing is correct, late '00 is football season, whereeveryone was really looking into M&N football throwbacks, then spring and summer came in '01 and the baseball cooperstown and nba hardwood classics wasgoin hard by then.

'02 you had boot leggers goin nuts and by this time, it was getting ridiculous with the super long hardwood classic jersey's and just jersey'speriod

'03 by then everyone had some type of retro old school jersey and other markets were getting into it like majestic etc.

i would credit big boi for rockin M&N jersey's first cuz he was early and up at distant replays, official M&N distributor.

i would say the first NY'er i seen rockin M&N would have been DJ Clue in like 'prolly '98-'99. He was on video music box gettin interviewedrockin the 1987 NY Mets grey road jersey. I seen that and was like damn, that joint is crazy crispy and found out about M&N back then and figured this waswhat Big Boi was up on early cuz the prices were crazy.

Fab came and was killin M&N hard with like everything.

Jay-Z was killin authentics and pro-cuts early. you could peep him rockin on that tour where he had a different jersey like every show

in my jersey collection i had authentics, pro-cuts of my favorite players, champion authentics, champion screenprints, champion nba authentics, M&Nhardwood classics and cooperstown collections, etc.

Since that whole throwback craze died, i sold a good amount of my jersey's but i still kept alot, most of my favorite players.

I'm a sports fan and made my jersey's look fashionable, so i will never wait around for the throwback craze/trend to come back just to wear myjersey's.

just last week i had on my authentic nike wizards/bullets jordan throwback on with my retro true blue 3's, funny how a bunch of kids were jockin my kicksbut in my head the jordan jersey is more iller.

btw, this is just my perspective and i'm from queens,ny

at some point this summer i will break my authenitc mcgrady magic jerssey out with my foams and i will post pics

Back
Top Bottom