Where in the World is Manti Te'o?

Dude is a fraud. Can't get off blocks. Takes horrible angles to avoid contact. He's decent in space tho, I'll give him that. No way he plays the mike in the league.

To busy attending award ceremonies and not preparing for Alabama massive offensive line. 

So for someone who doesn't watch CFB, did this guy really play badly enough that his stock is going to be affected?  What happened exactly?

So for someone who doesn't watch CFB, did this guy really play badly enough that his stock is going to be affected?  What happened exactly?
He was getting hossed all over the field by Bama blockers from what I saw before i shut the game off...

So for someone who doesn't watch CFB, did this guy really play badly enough that his stock is going to be affected? What happened exactly?

For a guy as heralded as he was -- "most Heisman votes ever for a defensive-only player" -- he was a complete and utter non-factor.

Lotta folks who were talking him up are quiet right now. :nerd: "He's the heart of ND. You can't measure that. It's an intangible."

Had a great season but it was made into "legendary" by the usual old guard media. Nothing I saw last night watching him and ND really shocked me too much.

He had one of his worst games that I've seen... in the biggest stage... in front of EVERYBODY.

Like Chester mentioned, he was a non-factor.

Credit Bama's O-line. Not to mention a HANDFUL of missed tackles.

He was getting hossed all over the field by Bama blockers from what I saw before i shut the game off...

To be fair, I feel like most linebackers (especially out of college) are terrible at shedding blocks. Like Ray Lewis isn't Ray Lewis without his defensive line keeping him clean.

whos draft stock plummetted more? Te'o, Klien or Landry jones?

sports center made manti look awful, but he wasnt that that bad...the whole team was pretty bad yesterday
klien was throwing like joe webb
landry jones looked like mark sanchez

he's just overrated. he basically underperformed his first 3 years at nd compared to his hype out of hs. what you saw last night was basically what he's been doing most of his career ie missed tackles, bad angles

sports center made manti look awful, but he wasnt that that bad...the whole team was pretty bad yesterday

When did Colin Klein have a high draft stock?

Te'o probably put himself outside of the first round, maybe even further.
Klein was never a high draft prospect, everyone knew he wouldn't have a shot at playing QB, he can't throw.
Landry's stock has fallen over the last few years, he was at best a 2nd round pick even before the bowl game.

Just think of those to guys in Klein and Te'o were up to win the heisman. And look at how bad they were on the biggest stage of the season. So glad neither won.

I find it hard to believe that Manti knocked himself completely out of the 1st round
People are exaggerating his fall just like his "greatness" was exaggerated in the first place.

Last edited:
He's a good dude and I felt terrible for him after what happened this year, but I was legit pissed off that he was in the Heisman discussion. If he had played for any other program in the country he wouldn't have even been invited to New York; they just needed somebody to ride since ND was undefeated and didn't have any standout offensive players.

I know BC wasn't good, but Luke Keuchly had to be rolling in his grave this year :lol:

He's a good dude and I felt terrible for him after what happened this year, but I was legit pissed off that he was in the Heisman discussion. If he had played for any other program in the country he wouldn't have even been invited to New York; they just needed somebody to ride since ND was undefeated and didn't have any standout offensive players.

I know BC wasn't good, but Luke Keuchly had to be rolling in his grave this year :lol:

Back
Top Bottom