Where my suit guys at Vol. Barney stinson

T Lo Sweater

formerly troyd
Im changing up my wardrobe a little bit. And i gotta make some room for suits. Looking to buy a new suit every couple months or so

I'm new to this. Not sure about what colors mesh well or what shoes to rock with what color suit. Or even what tie

But can anyone offer up some advice?

The Dressing Better thread will help you man, serious. I have to wear a suit every day and they've been my go-to for advice.

Bespoke troy.

bespoke. gotta match ya frame b.

dis aint nba street.

you can't act like you know....you gotta know.

go to a tailor, get ya measurements, get a suit that fits you

Last edited:
Have a tailor pull out dat ruler and measure you up, pa. They'll work with your dimensions

Have a tailor pull out dat ruler and measure you up, pa. They'll work with your dimensions

What that thang fit like :nerd:

Pipe print or nah

Last edited by a moderator:
tailors seen it all dog.

classy ya self up b.

you're gonna need one black one.......everyone does |I 8) :wink:

get a navy one too.

Last edited:
as a grown man you need at least one baggy suit to break out for the ladies to show that you pimpy wit it. 

all my suits are jos a banks..I have about 6 of them....despite what people tell you they're good quality and I always get compliments

all my suits are jos a banks..I have about 6 of them....despite what people tell you they're good quality and I always get compliments
My man got the buy one get five free deal
smokin.gif

How they fit though?
Fit pic like:

I wouldn't necessarily recommend your first suit purchase be MTM like a lot of folks are suggesting.

It's absolutely necessary your suits fits correctly in the chest and shoulders off the rack and that you find a competent tailor.

Get yourself a deep navy blue or a charcoal grey suit and a few decent shirts in white and light blue. A small rotation of a handful of ties and you're good until you feel like you're ready to really dive in and invest in your wardrobe.

Suitsupply and J. Crew at good options under $400. Hugo Boss and Ted Baker are on sale for $500 at Nordstrom these next few weeks. Good options for starter suits.

Last edited:
what happened to the dude on NT that would always post in the dressing better threads

homie had the pocket square game on lock

Back
Top Bottom