Where Y'all Hoop at?

much easier to find courts in the suburbs... I remember a new Gold's gym going up in Fairfax a couple of years back and even that had a small court, also played in the Arlington men's league a couple of seasons

Good run on base at Graves gym in Ft. Belvoir. Daily after 6pm. Also Sat mornings. Sometimes they check IDs, sometimes not, but if anyone wants to come by, just PM me and I can get you in. Comp is pretty competitive

Haven't hooped outdoors in forever. Gonna start going to Nottaway Park on the weekends/whenever I have free time

South Run for outdoor in NOVA .. they have the lights also so people are usually there when its nice.. 

Lee District in Alexandria 

Assorted elementary schools 

Shots For Single Mothers Presents:

TO ALL FAMILIES....On SUNDAY JUNE 30th from 11AM-6PM, The 1st Annual Hoop for Hope will be held @ Brooks Park! ADMISSION TO THIS EVENT IS FREE! There will be a 3 on 3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT. The admission for the game is $10 per player. Cont...act Domonick Nelson to register your team @ 5402878270. This event is to benefit SHOTS FOR SINGLE PARENTS!!!!! SO ALL PARENTS...BRING YOUR FAMILIES OUT! We will have KICKBALL GAMES, FLAG FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, KIDS JUNGLE GYM, KIDS FACE PAINTING, SKATE BOARDING RAMPS, & MORE! There will be raffle contests including FREE FAMILY PHOTO SHOOTS donated by Majestic Creations Photography. FOOD will be provided @ NO CHARGE. Anyone that wants to contribute food or anything else are welcome to. Please contact Joe SmokeyJoe Winters @ 5408416832 and find out how you can help support the cause! Please share & come out!

LIVE DJ'S SPINNING*************************************

*BASKETBALL *SACK RACE
*KICKBALL *KIDS JUNGLE GYM
*KIDS FACE PAINTING *SKATE BOARDING
*FLAG FOOTBALL *VOLLEYBALL

View media item 473745

Any courts around the Leesburg-Sterling area? I just move to the area and the only place I found was the Ida Lee Rec Center (besides LA Fitness).

Last edited:
Sport and Health in Tysons is soft though. I play too aggressive/competitive for the runs up there. Folks from around those parts are too "friendly."
definitely not cheap, but Lifetime in Ashburn has some good players - a lot of former college players.  definitely above my level of competition, but I'll still run with them when I'm feeling like being a role player (AKA hacking the big guy).  They're open 24 hours too, have had some good 5-5 games after midnight during the week.

Allentown, where the splash park is.

I miss the Run & Shoot days :frown:

Bumping an old thread to share an experience. Anyone heard of the new spot, New 24 Fitness? It replaced the old Capital Sports Complex, which replaced the old Run & Shoot, in District Heights, MD.

Checked this place out with my bro the other day thinking it'd be the same place just with a different name like before. Walked in and no one was on any court in the middle of a Saturday. If anyone has been there in the old days knows how many courts are there. Walk up to the front desk to ask about being a member. These people want $10/month contract just to use the "fitness center." We thought, okay that's cool. She noticed our basketball and goes "but you have to pay to rent a court." $25 for an hour for a half court, and $45 for a full. Not even members can use the courts freely. I've never heard of that. How does this place even stay open? Is anyone a member here now?

/rant I'm just looking for a big indoor place to ball due to all this cold weather and knew that $10/mo was too good to be true. 
tired.gif

(Hangs, head) You made me miss Run 'N Shoot all over again. #RIP :frown:
Hooped with White Chocolate one summer there...Good days :smile:

Back
Top Bottom