Which city has the most hipsters?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Los Angeles...Silverlake area

This...

Never noticed until I paid close attention.... that place has the perfect habitat for this species.

hipster land

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

There's a bunch in Austin, TX. That's probably related to our great music scene
pimp.gif

yup.fixies, jorts and deep vnecks, samantha ronson hat is optional

damn, i was intrigued by williamsburg too...was gonna look into apartments out there...idk anymore though...don't wanna neighborhood packed with hipsters
smh.gif

Non-Hipster: I want a Louis Vitton purse because they are cool

Hipster: You're such a conformist, haveing a Louis Vitton purse is so unoriginal. I like my purse I found in the gutterfor $4 dollars.

Non-hipster: but it's fugly

Hipster: yah, but no one else has it. It's completely unique.

Non-hipster: that bum over there has something pretty similar though.

Hipster: You're ignorant because you can't see the real beauty in life.
I don't have time for this, I'm gonna go to my cave of an apartment and listen to some indie rock you've probablynever heard of....

Non hipster: You need to see a therapist

Hipster: I am my own therapist.

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

what is the definition of a hipster?

Most of these people probably couldn't tell you. It has become an overused buzz word that people use to describe anyone wearing things or listening tomusic that they aren't into... and apparently for people who aren't impressed by Louis Vuitton man purses for your coins.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

what is the definition of a hipster?

Most of these people probably couldn't tell you. It has become an overused buzz word that people use to describe anyone wearing things or listening to music that they aren't into... and apparently for people who aren't impressed by Louis Vuitton man purses for your coins.
Don't know about that. In NYC for the most part, hipsters are from out of state usually the midwest but are New Yorkers "at heart".They claim to be against gentrification and the "whitewashing" of neighborhoods because it destroys culture but don't mind being part of theproblem. They complain about how things are too expensive but are living off of their trust fund that pays for their $2000 studio apartment in Bushwick whilegetting a $7 cup of coffee and half a sandwich from Starbucks. They're a %$+%#+% plague.

Hipster guys don't like girls and hipster girls don't like guys (because they're unique).

https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/79/hipster.html

Adbusters article titled "Hipsters: The dead end of western civilization" Its one of the funniest articles I've read in a while, and perfectlydescribes why I cant stand hipsters. Number of hipsters on campus has straight exploded in the last two years. Went from a handful of fixed gears to damn nearevery other bike you see. Heres one of my favorite lines from the article:

"The American Apparel V-neck shirt, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer and Parliament cigarettes are symbols and icons of working or revolutionary classes that havebeen appropriated by hipsterdom and drained of meaning. Ten years ago, a man wearing a plain V-neck tee and drinking a Pabst would never be accused of being atrend-follower. But in 2008, such things have become shameless clichés of a class of individuals that seek to escape their own wealth and privilege byimmersing themselves in the aesthetic of the working class."

Back
Top Bottom