Which is worse? vol. Murder vs. Rape

committing the act: I'd say they are about equal

being a victim to the acts: it'd be worse to be murdered

edit:
murder can be justified

rape can never be justified

rape is worse

hmm, interesting point. so lets say rape is worse than a murder which is somewhat justified.

What if you compare rape with a completely unjustified, senseless murder? Whats worse then?

I say Rape... there is never an excuse for rape... its just disgusting and scars individuals for life... there is nothing you can say to justify rape

as for Murder it is horrible but there can be an explanation for murder in some cases... someone kills a close family member and you retaliate and kill them, ifeel that is somewhat justified

kinda like the US criminal system.... Execution is murder

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i'd rather be killed than raped.

word...i dont think alot of you understand what it feels like to even be in a situation where you can be violated by a man...

yes it happens but most men aren't thinkin about it...i'm always more worried about getting raped than i am getting killed...

i think they are both equally bad in their own way tho...

Even though neither has happened to me personally, I would say murder is worse. Rape is a violation of the vaginal cavity, while murder is the violation of thewhole body.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

word...i dont think alot of you understand what it feels like to even be in a situation where you can be violated by a man...

yes it happens but most men aren't thinkin about it...i'm always more worried about getting raped than i am getting killed...

well no one know what it's like to be dead so I guess your entire argument is invalid.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

I say Rape... there is never an excuse for rape... its just disgusting and scars individuals for life... there is nothing you can say to justify rape

as for Murder it is horrible but there can be an explanation for murder in some cases... someone kills a close family member and you retaliate and kill them, i feel that is somewhat justified

kinda like the US criminal system.... Execution is murder

There are degrees of rape and degrees of murder. You just listed one.

Originally Posted by WarMachine

well no one know what it's like to be dead so I guess your entire argument is invalid.

no its not...to live with the fact that someone violated you in one of the worse ways possible? i'd rather be dead...with murder its over and donewith...rape you have to live with that every day of your life...

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

murder can be justified

rape can never be justified

rape is worse

This. I've always held the belief that Rape was worst, I've had people who were close to me murdered and raped... Its by far harder to deal/cope withthe fact that someone I care about was raped than the one that was murdered. To watch them as a dense shell of themselves is demoralizing
tired.gif

Originally Posted by WarMachine

no its not...to live with the fact that someone violated you in one of the worse ways possible? i'd rather be dead...with murder its over and done with...rape you have to live with that every day of your life...

...yeah explain to a rape victim who's trying to get on with their life how unfortunate they are that they weren't killed instead.
laugh.gif
kidding

rape pales to murder...or do i have to find gory pics on da Internet to prove my point
nerd.gif

Murder.

However rape can cause a pretty +%#*%@ up cycle.

People saying they'd rather be dead are obviously using that phrase too loosely in this thread. If not I'd question how much they actually value theirlives and if they truly love living.

I'd say it all depends on what angle u're lookin at it from. From a victim's standpoint, rape is worse for the reasons stated previously. thevictim has to live with that violation of their body for the rest of their life.

Murder is bad when you're looking at it from the killer and "others" stance. The victim is dead, however, the killer has to live wit the factthey took a life as does the family of both the victim and killer

They both violate social norms but as a society, I believe rape is frained upon more because of the fact that the victim survives the altercation.

Rape is worse because it leaves emotional scars and can develop into more serious mental issues. When murdered, you're dead, plan and simple. Only oneeffected in murder is the loved ones left behind usually. They suffer too but not as bad as being a victim of sexual assualt.

Rape is worse... For the simple fact that there's NO reason in the world to rape someone... The action can NEVER be justified... And that amount of harmshouldn't be inflicted on ANYone...

With murder, it may sound cold, but SOME mother !#%*$%% DESERVE to die...

Back
Top Bottom